LEADTOOLS Raster Imaging C++ Class Library Introduction
Since 1990, LEAD Technologies has been providing advanced imaging tools to developers. LEADTOOLS is used by thousands of developers distributing world class applications deployed on millions of PCs throughout the world. LEADTOOLS is the most comprehensive, robust, flexible, and powerful imaging SDK solution available and is ideal for developers involved in still-frame, multimedia, document, medical, and vector imaging desktop, service and web projects.
Windows, Linux, macOS, Android, iOS, and Web devices.
- 12- and 16-bit Grayscale Images. Load, process, display, window-level and save 12- and 16-bit grayscale images including DICOM and TIFF formats.
- Annotation and Image Markup. Overlay images with a variety of annotation objects such as text, lines, shapes, arrows, buttons, highlights, HotSpots, sticky notes, stamps and buttons in C, C++, .NET, and WPF projects.
- Barcode C++ Class Library. Detect, read, and write 1D and 2D barcodes within an image.
- Bitonal Scaling. Greatly enhance the on-screen quality and readability of resized black and white images using LEADTOOLS display options.
- Color Conversion. Support images ranging from 1 to 64 bits per pixel and convert from any supported bits per pixel to any other supported bits per pixel. Full documentation can be found in the Color Conversion C++ Class Library help.
- Color Space Conversion. Convert, separate, and reconstruct images from individual RGB, CMYK, CMY, HSV, HSL, YUV, YIQ, CIELAB, XYZ, YCCK, Y41P, UYVY, YUY2, YVU9, and YCC color planes using LEAD's built in conversion functions, ICC color profiles, or Emulation Tables.
- Common Dialog C++ Class Library. LEADTOOLS imaging common dialogs combine Windows Common Dialog functionality with LEADTOOLS imaging functionality. Common dialogs are provided for every LEADTOOLS image processing function, plus additional functions such as FileOpen and FileSave. All strings can be customized or localized for globalization.
- DICOM C++ Class Library Dataset. LEADTOOLS Medical toolkits provide complete support for the ImageViewer 3.0 specification including all IOD classes and modalities such as CR, CT, MR, NM, US, RF, SC and VL, and complete ImageViewer Basic Directory support.
- DICOM Communication / PACS. Provide complete support for DICOM Communications, including all Service Classes such as Verification, Storage, Query/Retrieve and Patient Management. Contains high-level communications functions simplifying the creation of DICOM SCU and SCP.
- DICOM Security. Support the Secure Transport Connection Profiles as specified in part 15 of the DICOM 3 standard.
- Document Cleanup. Automatically straighten (deskew) an image (including proprietary functions for deskewing scanned bank checks), remove noise (despeckle), and remove borders, hole punches, lines and inverted text. LEADTOOLS Document SDK's cleanup functions are especially useful when working with images from scanners or FAX machines.
- File Formats. Read, write and convert image files in over 150 of the most popular standard image formats, including JPEG, JPEG 2000, GIF, TIFF including G3/G4, LZW, CMYK and JTIF, PNG, BMP, MODCA/IOCA, PCX, TGA, PDF, and XPS.
- Forms Recognition and Processing. Automatically recognize images as a specific form and then pull data from predefined fields.
- Image Compression. Compress images using the best and fastest compression algorithms, such as JPEG, JPEG2000, CMP, CMW, ABC, LZW, G3/G4, Huffman, ABIC, MRC, JBIG, JBIG2, and run-length. LEADTOOLS offers comprehensive support for compression schemes found in standard raster file formats, as well as high-performance proprietary compression technologies that outperform the industry standards.
- Image Display. Paint images and regions with transparency while controlling zoom, scale, fit, pan, scroll, brightness and contrast settings. LEADTOOLS can automatically reduce the colors based on the display device with dithering and palette control. Additionally, LEADTOOLS provides image-list and thumbnail browser controls, a user interactive magnifying-glass tool, as well as an automated pan-window.
- Image Optimizer. Optimize images for websites or to maximize storage space by automatically and intelligently reducing colors and maximizing compression.
- Image Processing. Use more than 200 digital filters and transforms to process images or regions of interest. Functions include deskew, smooth, sharpen, edge detect/enhance, modify brightness/contrast/gamma, change hue and saturation, red-eye removal, unsharp mask, add noise. Resize and rotate images using various resampling techniques including bicubic. Most image functions support both signed and unsigned images.
- JPIP (JPEG2000 Interactive Protocol). Include high-level components into enterprise client/server applications so that the applications can immediately start streaming high-resolution images under low HTTP bandwidth connections.
- Medical Image Viewer Control C++ Class Library. Use the Medical Image Viewer Control to provide support for the display and manipulation of one or more medical images.
- NITF C++ Class Library. Load, save and manipulate the National Imagery Transmission Format in your Windows applications.
- PDF and PDF/A. Load, save, convert and compress raster and text searchable PDF files. Convert to and from any supported format. Capture printer output to PDF. Save OCR results as text searchable PDF.
- Printing. Print images or regions of interest while controlling position, scaling, half-toning, and dithering. Print multiple images and text to a single page or multiple pages.
- Scanning (TWAIN C++ Class Library / WIA C++ Class Library). Control image acquisition from any TWAIN or WIA device including scanners and digital cameras. Use a device drivers built in user-interface or create your own. Query a TWAIN source to determine TWAIN features the driver has implemented. The LEADTOOLS Fast TWAIN feature automatically sets the optimal settings to maximize scanning speed and performance.
- Vector C++ Class Library. Add vector load, edit, save, conversion and display functionality to projects.
- Window-leveling. Detect and set LowBit and HighBit for image data, display images with automatic LUT intensity expansion, or set LUT entries and ranges with specific values and gradients. Display images through the LUT without changing the data or process the image data using the LUT. Linearize the number of pixels locally in a bitmap, based on the specified color space in order to bring out the detail in dark areas of an image, and smooth the edges between blocks.
Class Library Overview
LEADTOOLS Raster Imaging C++ Class Library Changes