RTSP SDK Libraries
LEADTOOLS includes DirectShow filters and Media Foundation Transforms that support Real Time Streaming Protocol (RTSP) to send and receive audio and video over UDP and HTTP Internet/intranet connections. Developers can use LEADTOOLS to create new RTSP servers and connect to existing RTSP servers to create powerful .NET (C# & VB) and C/C++ applications for surveillance, machine vision, video conferencing, live streaming, video on demand, and more.
The LEADTOOLS Multimedia Streaming SDK module provides APIs to create RTSP clients and servers.
- Play, pause, and stop any RTSP source
- Connect to any RTSP source with UDP, TCP, and HTTP protocols
- Use the LEADTOOLS Media Streaming Server to easily stream files and live capture sources to RTSP/RTP clients. The LEADTOOLS Media Streaming Server also supports RTMP, HLS, HTML5, MPEG-DASH, and more.
- Create your own RTSP server with LEADTOOLS RTSP source and sink filters
- Connect to ONVIF-conformant RTSP cameras
- Use HTTP Tunneling to stream data from RTSP cameras on a different network
- Create RTSP sources compatible with third-party playback applications including QuickTime and Windows Media Player
- Encode and Decode KLV metadata in RTSP streams
- Manage and cancel playback through callbacks and timeout options
- Stream from any offset in a file
- Capture and convert streams for archival, burning to DVD, or integration with DVR
RTSP servers provide a way to restrict access to content from unauthorized users. RTSP servers can optionally use authentication to identify users and then allow access only to authorized users. There are two authentication modes: Basic and Digest. In either mode, users have to enter a username and password before they can gain access to a media stream. Administrators can use different authentication methods and give different access rights to each media stream or the same access rights can be applied to all media streams.
Easy to Integrate
LEADTOOLS handles the heavy lifting — eliminating months of R&D, while giving you the best quality and performance available. You'll be free to focus on other components of your application. Download the LEADTOOLS evaluation to streamline your development.
Start Coding With LEADTOOLS RTSP
Multimedia libraries for Windows development in C, C++, C#, and VB.NET targeting DirectShow and Media Foundation frameworks.