AAC Audio Codec SDK Libraries
LEADTOOLS provides Advanced Audio Coding (AAC) encoders, decoders, and transcoders for DirectShow and Media Foundation. These codecs compress and decompress audio data using the AAC compression standard (ISO/IEC 13818-7), which is designed to be the successor of ISO/MPEG Audio Layer-3 (MP3).
AAC Audio Codec Libraries
AAC, also known as MPEG-2 Part 7, is a lossy digital audio encoding compression standard. AAC typically delivers high-quality audio at a lower bit rate when compared to other audio encoding standards such as MP3.
- Full support to encode, decode, and transcode audio data using the ISO/IEC 13818-7 AAC standard within MPEG-4 and MPEG-2 containers
- Low Complexity—(AAC-LC/LC-AAC)
- Main—(AAC Main)
- Long-term Prediction—(LTP)
- Supports both variable and constant bit rates
- Correct audio and video synchronization issues with automatic timestamp drift correction
- Selectable output channels
- Force stereo output option in the decoder
- 5.1 and 7.1 surround sound
- Raw and ADTS stream formats
- Output sample frequency selection
- Cut-off frequency option
- Includes .NET (C# & VB) and C DLL libraries for 32 and 64-bit development
AAC Compared to MPEG-1 Layer 2
AAC is the one of the most powerful audio codecs available today. The near CD quality MPEG-1 Layer 2 audio codec widely used in digital video applications delivers high-quality stereo at 128kbit/s/channel while MPEG-4 AAC offers the same quality at 64kb/s/channel.
Easy to Integrate
LEADTOOLS handles the heavy lifting — eliminating months of R&D, while giving you the best quality and performance available. You'll be free to focus on other components of your application. Download the LEADTOOLS evaluation to streamline your development.
Start Coding With LEADTOOLS AAC Audio Codec
Multimedia libraries for Windows development in C, C++, C#, and VB.NET targeting DirectShow and Media Foundation frameworks.