LEADTOOLS Barcode SDK is the world’s premier toolkit for developers that require an API to detect, read, and write 1D and 2D barcodes in images. Featuring a fast, highly accurate, and reliable barcode engine for .NET (C# & VB), C/C++, WinRT, iOS, OS X, Java, and web developers, LEADTOOLS award-winning libraries help programmers create amazing, fully-featured barcode applications in record time.
There are many barcode symbologies in use today across a wide gamut of industries and applications, including retail, shipping, warehouse inventory tracking, and marketing. LEADTOOLS supports more than 100 different barcode types and sub-types such as UPC, EAN, Code 128, QR Code, Data Matrix, and PDF417, making it the right choice for any barcode application in any industry.
Overview of LEADTOOLS Barcode SDK Technology
Fast, accurate, and reliable barcode detection, reading, and writing for use in any application or environment
- Large volume document batch processing
- Single and multi-page documents
- Tablet and mobile devices
- Web and Cloud applications
- Read barcodes of any quality at any orientation
- Industry-leading support of more than 100 1D and 2D barcode types
- Multithreaded support for running barcode in high-performance, server-based applications
- Supports color and bitonal (black and white) images
- Easy to integrate into any application with only a few lines of code
- Error-correcting Codes (ECC) provide enhanced accuracy in low-quality images
- Return recognized barcodes with 100% confidence
Comprehensive reporting of the recognized barcode
Automated image cleanup
- Omnidirectional noise removal
Fully configurable recognition engine
- Select which barcode types to search for
- Foreground and background color
- Orientation and rotation angle
- Full page or region of interest
- Integrates seamlessly with LEADTOOLS Forms Recognition and Processing
1D Linear Barcode Types
- UPC / EAN
- Code 128
- 2 of 5
- GS1 DataBar (formerly RSS-14)
- USPS & 4-State
- MSI (Modified Plessey)
- Code 3 of 9
- Code 93
- Code 32
- Ames Code
- Code 2 of 7
- Code 11 (USD-8)
- Patch Code
2D Barcode Types
Why Choose LEADTOOLS Barcode?
- LEADTOOLS is the most comprehensive barcode toolkit on the market, supporting both reading and writing of over 100 barcode types and sub-types in both bitonal and color images, including all major 1D and 2D barcodes.
- Reduce the bottleneck issues in high-speed scanning applications by utilizing the fastest barcode recognition speed. In addition, you can maximize the benefits of today's high speed processors by taking advantage of multiple threads and cores.
- Integrating barcode functionality into your application is very easy — reading and writing barcodes can be accomplished with only a few lines of code.
- LEADTOOLS is designed to allow our developers to add new barcode types and barcode "flavors" rapidly. If you find a barcode that we cannot recognize, we will be able to update our engine quickly to add the barcode type.
- Achieve very high accuracy even on poor quality images with damaged barcodes. The better the accuracy, the less human interaction that is required, resulting in substantial savings of time and money.
- When used in conjunction with LEADTOOLS Document Imaging SDKs, you can clean noisy or damaged images to improve recognition accuracy with powerful document image processing and enhancement technology.
- LEADTOOLS offers a diverse offering of imaging technologies along side its Barcode SDK Technology. These SDKs include many additional imaging features such as extensive image file format support for reading and writing several raster, vector, and document file types, numerous image processing routines, document image cleanup, annotation, compression, scanning, medical imaging components, multimedia components, and mobile device support.