Barcode SDK Libraries
LEADTOOLS Barcode SDK is the world's premier toolkit for developers that require an API to detect, read, and generate 1D and 2D barcodes. Featuring a fast, highly accurate, and reliable barcode engine for .NET Framework, .NET Core, Xamarin, UWP, C++ Class Library, C#, VB, C/C++, Java, Objective-C, and Swift developers, the award-winning LEADTOOLS libraries help programmers create amazing applications with full-featured barcode technology.
Quickly Find and Decode Barcodes
LEADTOOLS is the most comprehensive barcode toolkit on the market, supporting both reading and writing of over 100 barcode types, including all major 1D and 2D barcodes, in both bitonal and color images. An image or region of interest can be bitonal or color, low resolution, and have multiple types of barcodes that can even be damaged in different orientations. The confidence of the decoded data is always 100%, making LEADTOOLS a reliable component of any workflow involving barcodes.
Comprehensive reporting of the recognized barcodes includes
Generate Over 100 Barcodes
Easily implement barcode writing into your application. LEADTOOLS barcode libraries can generate more than 100 barcode types, including PDF417, QR, UPC, and DataMatrix.
Fastest Barcode Recognition
Reduce the bottleneck issues in high-speed scanning applications by utilizing the fastest barcode recognition speed. In addition, the libraries maximize the benefits of today's high-speed processors by automatically taking advantage of multiple threads and cores.
Easily Add New Barcode Types
LEADTOOLS is designed so our developers can add new barcode types and barcode "flavors" rapidly. If you find a barcode type that LEADTOOLS does not support, we can add the barcode type to our engine quickly.
Beyond Standard Barcodes
Out of the box, LEAD's Barcode SDK supports more than 100 barcode types and subtypes. However, the SDK expands beyond the standard barcode libraries. Utilizing artificial intelligence, the recognition engine goes outside the box of the standard to read barcodes even with distortions or that have been generated slightly differently.
Preprocessing and Cleanup to Achieve Highest Accuracy
When used in conjunction with LEADTOOLS Document SDKs, the libraries can clean noisy or damaged images to improve recognition accuracy with powerful document image processing and enhancement technology. Achieve very high accuracy even on poor quality images with damaged barcodes. The better the accuracy, the less human interaction that is required, resulting in substantial savings of time and money.
LEADTOOLS offers a diverse offering of recognition and imaging technologies alongside its Barcode SDK. These SDKs include many additional features such as:
- Powerful OCR
- Intelligent forms recognition and data extraction
- Driver's license and identification reader
- Extensive image file format support for reading and writing several raster, vector, and document file types
- Numerous image processing routines
- Document image cleanup
- Medical imaging components
- Multimedia components
Versatile Barcode Libraries
LEADTOOLS libraries are versatile enough to run on mobile devices, desktops, servers, and in the cloud, making them the perfect choice for solutions that range from reading barcodes on mobile devices to unattended, large-volume single and multipage document processing running multithreaded services on a server farm. The APIs include special preprocessing functions to fix problems introduced by the source such as glare removal, keystoning, deskew, hole punch removal, noise removal, and dithering.
Barcode Web Services
Several LEADTOOLS SDKs offer SOAP and RESTful web services to detect, read, and generate 1D and 2D barcodes in images by any application for a platform-independent solution.
1D Linear Barcode Types
- Code 128
- 2 of 5
- GS1 DataBar (formerly RSS-14)
- USPS & 4-State
- MSI (Modified Plessey)
- Code 3 of 9
- Code 93
- Code 32
- Ames Code
- Code 2 of 7
- Code 11 (USD-8)
- Patch Code
Easy to Integrate
LEADTOOLS handles the heavy lifting, eliminating months of R&D, while giving you the best quality and performance available. You'll be free to focus on other components of your application. Download the LEADTOOLS evaluation to streamline your development.
Barcode SDK Platforms and Programming Interfaces
Programming, Scripting, Markup
Start Coding With LEADTOOLS Barcode
Barcode libraries as well as all LEADTOOLS Recognition, Document, Medical, Vector, and Imaging technologies for all development and target platforms, including Windows, Linux, and macOS.
- Supported Barcode Symbologies
- Programming with LEADTOOLS Barcode in C#, VB.NET, Java, Swift, and Obj-C
- Extract Driver's License AAMVA Barcode in Java
- Programming with LEADTOOLS Barcode in C/C++
- Extract Barcode Web API (Cloud Services)
- Read/Write Barcodes Using .NET Standard Libraries in C#
- Extract AAMVAID Data from PDF417 in C#
- Capture AAMVA data from live Stream in C#
- Extract AAMVAID Data from PDF417 in Android Java
- Read and Write UTF-8 Characters in QR Code in C#
- Split Scanned Document Based on Patch Codes in C#
- Linux OCR, Barcode, and Format Conversion Batch Processing App in C
- Target Specific Symbologies in C#
- Read Barcodes in C++
- Read Barcodes in low Resolution Images in C#
- Create QR from OCR Results in C#
- How to Create Barcode Scanner app Using Xamarin
Online Demo Application that include Barcode SDK Libraries
Detects and reads 34 different barcode symbologies in images. LEADTOOLS barcode libraries can return the barcode value, location on the image, and the symbology that was detected.
- Draw zone of interest on the image
- Return results of barcodes
- Find multiple barcodes with different orientations in the same image