MPEG-4 Codec SDK Libraries
The LEAD MPEG-4 Encoder and LEAD MPEG-4 Decoder are state-of-the-art DirectShow filters and Media Foundation transforms to compress and decompress video data using the MPEG-4 standard (ISO/IEC 14496-2) in .NET (C# & VB) and C/C++ applications. MPEG-4 is a high-quality video compression algorithm that is suited for all types of applications. In addition to ISO (MP4) files, MPEG-4 encoded video data can be stored inside MPEG-2 Program, MPEG-2 Transport, AVI, and Ogg containers with optional audio data.
MPEG-4 Codec Libraries
The LEAD MPEG-4 codec encodes and decodes video data using the MPEG-4 standard (ISO/IEC 14496-2). MPEG-4 is suitable for a wide range of bandwidths. In addition to MP4 files, MPEG4-compressed video data can be stored inside AVI or Ogg files. The LEAD MPEG-4 codec is easily configurable through both a programming interface and a user interface.
- Full support to encode and decode MPEG-4-compressed video data that adheres to ISO/IEC 14496-2 standard
- Supports linear and nonlinear quantization
- Highly optimized to take advantage of multiple threads on multi-core machines
- Supports frame rate adjustment
The LEAD MPEG-4 Encoder can deliver three output formats (FOURCC):
- MP4V (standard)
- LMP4 - LEAD's proprietary MPEG-4 video format with a super-compression option to achieve higher compression
- Preset compression option for iPhones, smart phones, and other devices
- Configurable motion estimation
- .NET (C# & VB) and C DLL libraries for 32 and 64-bit development
Easy to Integrate
LEADTOOLS handles the heavy lifting — eliminating months of R&D, while giving you the best quality and performance available. You'll be free to focus on other components of your application. Download the LEADTOOLS evaluation to streamline your development.
Start Coding With LEADTOOLS MPEG-4 Codec
Multimedia libraries for Windows development in C, C++, C#, and VB.NET targeting DirectShow and Media Foundation frameworks.