Overview of LEADTOOLS Capture SDK Technology
Capture from DirectShow, Media Foundation, and WDM devices, including:
- Network cameras
- Capture cards
- HDTV tuners
- DV cameras
- Capture from ONVIF-conformant RTSP cameras as well as other RTSP servers
- Capture in real time directly to file, memory, still images, or create live streams for the Internet
- Full integration with LEADTOOLS DVR SDK technology to pause, rewind, and fast-forward live captures
- Output the capture stream to any format, using any DirectShow or Media Foundation codec
- Flicker-free video preview with zoom and configurable video renderer
- Real-time capture statistics, including number of captured and dropped frames
- Programmatically enumerate and select all available audio and video devices
- Select the desired input such as TV Tuner, S-Video, or composite video from multi-input capture devices
- Enumerate and set capture device settings, including resolution, frame rate, color space, format, brightness, contrast, zoom, and pan
- Control TV tuner functions, including input, format and channel
- Closed captioning support
- Apply DirectShow or Media Foundation audio and video processing filters and transforms, during capture
- Join multiple audio streams using LEAD's Audio Mixer Filter
Comprehensive capture functionality for DV devices:
- Capture without splitting the audio and video data, resulting in faster capture and fewer dropped frames
- Programmatically control DV device functionality such as play, pause, rewind, fast forward, record, and seek based on time codes
- Download, edit, and save video to DV devices file system
- Capture functionality provided via .NET (C# & VB) and C DLL libraries for 32 and 64-bit development
Technology Related to Multimedia Capture
Download the Full Evaluation
The Full Evaluation Download includes all LEADTOOLS Document, Medical, Imaging, and Vector technologies for all development and target platforms.
Documentation Links for Multimedia Capture
LEADTOOLS SDK Products that Include Multimedia Capture
LEADTOOLS Multimedia is specifically designed for the development of audio/video applications across a wide variety of industries, including defense, broadcast, and security. The Multimedia SDK offers developers a full range of technologies that turn normally complex DirectShow and Media Foundation projects into simple tasks. The integration of core multimedia functionality, such as playback, capture, conversion, and processing into applications, is easier than ever before with LEADTOOLS Multimedia.
The LEADTOOLS Multimedia Suite SDK is a comprehensive collection of multimedia development technology that provides developers with everything they need to create enterprise-level multimedia applications for a wide variety of industries, including defense, broadcast, security, and more. By bundling features from the Multimedia SDK, DVD Module, Streaming Module, MPEG-2 Transport Module, Imaging Pro SDK, and Distributed Computing SDK, Multimedia Suite offers a tremendous value for the world-class technology it provides.
The LEADTOOLS Medical Multimedia Module includes the LEADTOOLS Multimedia SDK and a collection of state-of-the-art DirectShow filters and Media Foundation Transforms to compress and decompress video and audio data within DICOM files. This feature-rich product is designed to eliminate the complexity from converting multi-frame (cine) images and video streams to DICOM objects, including X-ray Angiography (XA), Ultrasound (US), Visible Light (VL), and Secondary Capture (SC). The LEADTOOLS Medical Multimedia Module utilizes the most advanced compression algorithms in the industry and approved by the DICOM standard, including MPEG-2, HD MPEG-2, Motion JPEG, Motion JPEG 2000, and H.264.