H.265 (HEVC) Codec SDK Libraries
The LEADTOOLS H.265 Codec is a state-of-the-art DirectShow filter and Media Foundation Transform for compressing and decompressing video data using H.265/HEVC standard (ISO/IEC 23008-2). H.265 is a successor to H.264 and is the latest and most advanced video standard developed jointly by VCEG and MPEG.
H.265 (HEVC) Codec Libraries
As compared to H.264, H.265 is a major leap forward in video compression technology as it achieves double the compression ratios of H.264. It also supports much higher video resolutions, including Ultra-high-definition (UHD) 4K and 8K.
- Encode, decode, and transcode H.265 video streams
- Supports Ultra-high-definition (UHD) 4K and 8K videos
- Compress videos at twice the ratio of H.264
Two playback and conversion modes for fine-tuning performance and network bandwidth:
- Fixed quality
- Fixed bit rate
Decode and encode with hardware acceleration for optimal speed
- NVIDIA CUDA asynchronous and synchronous modes (NVENC & NVCUVENC)
- Intel QuickSync (6th generation and later Intel Processors)
- Highly optimized to take advantage of multiple threads on multi-core machines
- Decode high-quality bit streams including 30 bit (10 bits per channel) videos
- Control the number and types of frames encoded into the video stream
- Includes .NET (C# & VB) and C DLL libraries for 32 and 64-bit development
What is H.265?
H.265 is a high quality video compression algorithm and is suited for all types of applications with different ranges of bit rates. In addition to MP4 files, H.265 compressed video data can be stored inside AVI, MKV, Ogg, MPEG-2 Program, and MPEG2 Transport Stream files with the option of saving the file with or without the audio data. The technology is also known as HEVC (High Efficiency Video Coding) or MPEG-H Part 2 (ISO/IEC 23008-2).
Easy to Integrate
LEADTOOLS handles the heavy lifting, eliminating months of R&D, while giving you the best quality and performance available. You'll be free to focus on other components of your application. Download the LEADTOOLS evaluation to streamline your development.
H.265 (HEVC) Codec SDK Platforms and Programming Interfaces
Projects that use LEADTOOLS H.265 (HEVC) Codec libraries can be deployed to Windows devices.
Developers that are leveraging these frameworks can utilize the H.265 (HEVC) Codec SDK: .NET Framework, WinForms, and ASP.NET
Programming, Scripting, Markup
H.265 (HEVC) Codec code snippets and demo applications are provided for the following: C#, VB, XAML, and C/C++
Start Coding With LEADTOOLS H.265 (HEVC) Codec
Multimedia libraries for Windows development in C, C++, C#, and VB.NET targeting DirectShow and Media Foundation frameworks.