LEADTOOLS SDKs include flexible and time-tested image annotation technology for .NET (C# & VB), C/C++, WinRT, iOS, macOS, Java, and web developers. LEADTOOLS Annotations include a clean and diverse collection of markup objects and collaborative tools designed to impart visual metadata to digital images and documents which enhance user experience, productivity, and security. In addition to its award-winning annotation technology, LEADTOOLS also supports specialized document and medical annotations for industry standard formats including PDF and DICOM.
Overview of LEADTOOLS Image Annotation SDK Technology
- Specialized annotations for document images
- Specialized annotations for medical images
- Broad range of image annotation objects including text, geometric shapes, rulers, sticky note, redact, highlight, rubber stamp, audio, and video
- Image annotations can be added to bitonal, color, and grayscale images
- Draw image annotations to a presentation layer or permanently burn onto the bitmap
- Protect sensitive information with redaction and encryption objects
- Control access and design rights with annotation security
- Customize existing or create new image annotation object types
- Image annotation features can be fully automated or manually implemented for maximum control
- Snap-to-grid and alignment UI
- Supports single and multi-page image files
- Flexible annotation object storage options including image files, separate annotation files, database, and memory
- Unlimited undo and redo levels
- Comprehensive multithread support for maximum performance
- 32 and 64-bit binaries for image annotation development
Storage of Annotations
LEADTOOLS annotations can be stored as an external annotation file, XML, private DICOM data elements, or within a TIFF file as LEAD or Wang annotation tags. Alternatively, annotations can become a permanent part of the image data or exported as SVG or EMF.
LEADTOOLS annotations may also be exported as native PDF annotations in PDF documents with the LEADTOOLS Document Writers.
Ease of Use and Control
The simplicity of using LEADTOOLS annotations is extended to both the developer and the end-user. With very little code, the developer can create a fully automated, dynamic, and feature-packed annotation application which is also easy to operate by the end-user. Automation features include mouse event handling, cursors, toolbars, right-click context menus, and instant text editing.
With the LEADTOOLS Image Annotation Customizable Features, developers can create new annotation types, change the context menus and toolbars, and localize the dialog strings. End-users can rotate, calibrate, and change virtually any visual setting of the annotations on the screen.
Confidence and Security
Enhanced redaction objects hide and encrypt confidential parts of images even in non-LEADTOOLS viewers. When combined with annotation security, these redact objects provide a means of granting user-level access to view redacted areas of an image.
With LEADTOOLS Image Annotation Technology, you can:
- Implement annotation security for each and every object.
- Implement hyperlinks for every object. Popular uses for hyperlinks include user-defined messages, run an application, and jumps to web pages.
- Save to file, memory, database, and clipboard
Perform the following operations on a single object or group of objects:
- Burn/Realize to bitmap data
- Display optional annotation captions
- Add annotations to multi-page files