Overview of LEADTOOLS Multimedia Playback SDK Technology
Play audio and video from any source
- Live TCP or UDP Stream
- Capture devices
- TV tuners
- Play any format using DirectShow and Media Foundation demultiplexers and codecs
- Pause and record live video streams with DVR
- Control playback speed
- Set preferred decoders, demultiplexers, and renderers to use in playback filter graph
- Apply DirectShow or Media Foundation audio and video processing filters and transforms during playback
- Capture and save still images to disk and memory from the video stream with frame precision
- Set start and end frame for playback clipping
- Zoom video during play
- Implement custom video renderers
- Select hardware devices to use for playback
- Save player settings to files and streams
- Get content and tag information
- Retrieve DVD metadata information
- Navigate and play from DVDs
- Read and seek DV timecode data
- .NET (C# & VB) and C DLL libraries for 32 and 64-bit development
Technology Related to Multimedia Playback
Download the Full Evaluation
The Full Evaluation Download includes all LEADTOOLS Document, Medical, Imaging, and Vector technologies for all development and target platforms.
Documentation Links for Multimedia Playback
Screenshots of Multimedia Playback
LEADTOOLS SDK Products that Include Multimedia Playback
LEADTOOLS Multimedia is specifically designed for the development of audio/video applications across a wide variety of industries, including defense, broadcast, and security. The Multimedia SDK offers developers a full range of technologies that turn normally complex DirectShow and Media Foundation projects into simple tasks. The integration of core multimedia functionality, such as playback, capture, conversion, and processing into applications, is easier than ever before with LEADTOOLS Multimedia.
The LEADTOOLS Multimedia Suite SDK is a comprehensive collection of multimedia development technology that provides developers with everything they need to create enterprise-level multimedia applications for a wide variety of industries, including defense, broadcast, security, and more. By bundling features from the Multimedia SDK, DVD Module, Streaming Module, MPEG-2 Transport Module, Imaging Pro SDK, and Distributed Computing SDK, Multimedia Suite offers a tremendous value for the world-class technology it provides.
The LEADTOOLS Medical Multimedia Module includes the LEADTOOLS Multimedia SDK and a collection of state-of-the-art DirectShow filters and Media Foundation Transforms to compress and decompress video and audio data within DICOM files. This feature-rich product is designed to eliminate the complexity from converting multi-frame (cine) images and video streams to DICOM objects, including X-ray Angiography (XA), Ultrasound (US), Visible Light (VL), and Secondary Capture (SC). The LEADTOOLS Medical Multimedia Module utilizes the most advanced compression algorithms in the industry and approved by the DICOM standard, including MPEG-2, HD MPEG-2, Motion JPEG, Motion JPEG 2000, and H.264.