MJPEG and MCMP Video Codec SDK Libraries
LEAD's MJPEG/MCMP video codecs for DirectShow and Media Foundation provide .NET (C# & VB) and C/C++ developers with lossless and lossy real-time compression and decompression of video data. By compressing each frame individually, MJPEG and MCMP videos provide random access to every frame. This powerful set of features gives developers the flexibility necessary to meet the requirements of a wide range of applications including video editing, medical imaging, and streaming.
MJPEG and MCMP Video Codec Libraries
The LEAD MCMP/MJPEG Codec encodes and decodes video data using the LEAD CMP and JPEG compression algorithms. Compressed video data can be stored inside AVI files. MJPEG, which is also known as Motion JPEG, is a motion video adaptation of the JPEG standard for still photos. MJPEG treats a video stream as a series of still photos, compressing each frame individually, and uses no interframe compression.
Full support for encoding and decoding JPEG and CMP-compressed video data
- LEAD-proprietary MCMP compression delivers smaller file sizes than MJPEG with the same or better quality
- Real-time, software-only compression and decompression of full-motion video
- Preserve critical image data with lossless compression
- Options to control the ratio of file size and image quality
- Play and create JPEG type-B streams found in QuickTime videos
- Play and convert live HTTP streams
- Read and write hardware compatible MJPEG files
- Supports 16-bit grayscale video
- .NET (C# & VB) and C DLL libraries for 32 and 64-bit development
What are MJPEG and MCMP?
Motion JPEG, or MJPEG, is a video adaptation of the JPEG standard for still photos. It simply treats a video stream as a series of still photos, compressing each individually, with no interframe compression. Because it uses no interframe compression, it is ideal for editing.
MCMP, or Motion CMP, is a video adaptation of LEAD's proprietary CMP compression code. MCMP delivers smaller file sizes and can maintain better image quality than MJPEG with the same or better image quality.
Easy to Integrate
LEADTOOLS handles the heavy lifting — eliminating months of R&D, while giving you the best quality and performance available. This leaves you free to focus on other components of your application. Download the evaluation and start coding to get an idea of how much more streamlined your development will be using LEADTOOLS.
Start Coding With LEADTOOLS MJPEG and MCMP Video Codec
Multimedia libraries for Windows development in C, C++, C#, and VB.NET targeting DirectShow and Media Foundation frameworks.