LEADTOOLS Medical Imaging SDKs include everything developers need to bridge their applications with other Health Level Seven (HL7) applications and systems. LEADTOOLS HL7 libraries for .NET (C# & VB) simplify the integration of complex and widely-adopted HL7 standards into any application, including Electronic Health Record (EHR), DICOM, and PACS application.
HL7 defines several OSI-model layer-7 communication standards to transfer clinical and administrative data between hospital information systems. HL7 messaging standards define how information is to be encapsulated and communicated between nodes and facilitate interoperability between Patient Administration Systems (PAS), Electronic Practice Management (EPM) systems, Laboratory Information Systems (LIS), Pharmacy and Billing systems, Electronic Medical Record (EMR), and Electronic Health Record (EHR) systems.
Overview of LEADTOOLS HL7 SDK Technology
- Create, parse, decode, send, and receive HL7 messages (versions 2.6, 2.5.1, 2.3.1)
Full support of latest HL7 standards, communication protocols, and messaging features
- Pipe message formatting
- Message character encoding definition
- Message field container/structure management
- Schema contract processing
- Segment name matching
- Minimal Lower Layer Protocol (MLLP), also known as Lower Layer Protocol (LLP)
- Comprehensive event logging service for HIPAA compliance
- HL7-compliant exception handling
- Seamlessly integrates with LEADTOOLS DICOM MWL server SDK via listening service add-in