LEADTOOLS supports ZIPLIB compression in a variety of formats including PNG and TIFF. The PNG format was originally designed to replace LZW-compressed GIF due to licensing requirements imposed by Unisys. Licensing constraints on the LZW algorithm have expired, but ZIPLIB compression remains a popular, flexible and efficient way to compress images.
Overview of LEADTOOLS ZIPLIB Image Compression SDK Technology
- Load and save ZIPLIB compressed image data in PNG and TIFF
- Compress and decompress bitonal, color, and grayscale ZIPLIB image data, including 12 and 16-bit grayscale
- ZIPLIB image compression technology available as .NET assemblies (C# & VB), C DLL, C++ classes, WinRT Libraries, iOS, OS X, Android, Linux, Java libraries for Windows and Linux, Silverlight classes, and web services
- Add ZIPLIB image compression to single and multithreaded applications
- Native 32 and 64-bit binaries for ZIPLIB image compression