JPEG 2000 Image Compression SDK Libraries
JPEG 2000 Libraries
The LEADTOOLS compression libraries supports lossy and lossless compression and decompression of grayscale, extended grayscale, and color JPEG 2000 codestreams in JP2, JPX, J2K, TIFF, and more file formats and memory. Additionally, lossy images rotated, flipped, and reversed without re-encoding the data. The alpha channel of 32-bit images can be compressed separately from the image data as either lossy or lossless, and you can control the active bits of the alpha channel to improve compression. Designed to store multiple resolutions in the same file, JPEG 2000 compression provides an efficient means to store image data that needs to be rendered to devices with vastly different screen sizes or mediums. Additionally, error checking and robustness allows the transmission of JPEG 2000 encoded files over a noisy medium. If an error occurs in the decoding, an image still will be displayed.
The LEADTOOLS compression libraries fully support JPEG 2000 Part 2 (JPX) file format features, including:
- Save list of images such as 3D volumetric encoded slices
- Opacity channels
- All standard metadata boxes such as XML, digital signature, and intellectual property
- Append and extract additional images or frames
- Append and extract metadata boxes
- Full control of codestreams, frames, and metadata
- Read and write GML data
- Animation support
LEADTOOLS JPEG 2000 libraries support progression order to control the display effect during a progressive decompression. The available progression orders are:
- Quality Axis
- The image starts blurred and the sharpness increases as more image data is received.
- Resolution Axis
- The image is loaded as a smaller version and the physical pixel size increases as more image data is received.
- Color Axis
- The image is loaded one color plane at a time. The image starts loading as a grayscale image and the color will fill in as more image data is received.
- Position Axis
- The image is loaded as blocks. As more image data is received, more blocks are displayed.
Superior Compression Algorithms
LEADTOOLS is the premier choice to compress and decompress images. It supplies broad support for a host of industry-standard compression algorithms. LEADTOOLS also has advanced and proprietary compression techniques that result in smaller files with better quality. Because LEADTOOLS is the only toolkit that has these options, your product will have an edge to beat the competition.
Easy to Integrate
LEADTOOLS handles the heavy lifting, eliminating months of R&D, while giving you the best quality and performance available. You'll be free to focus on other components of your application. Download the LEADTOOLS evaluation to streamline your development.
JPEG 2000 Image Compression SDK Platforms and Programming Interfaces
Projects that use LEADTOOLS JPEG 2000 Image Compression libraries can be deployed to Windows, Linux, macOS, Android, iOS, and Web devices.
Developers that are leveraging these frameworks can utilize the JPEG 2000 Image Compression SDK: .NET 6+, .NET Framework, Xamarin, UWP, WinForms, C++ Class Library, ASP.NET, and Web Services / Web API (JSON, SOAP, REST)
Programming, Scripting, Markup
Start Coding With LEADTOOLS JPEG 2000 Image Compression
JPEG 2000 Image Compression libraries as well as all LEADTOOLS Recognition, Document, Medical, Vector, and Imaging technologies for all development and target platforms, including Windows, Linux, and macOS.
Online Demo Application that include JPEG 2000 Image Compression SDK Libraries
- Load an image from url
- Flip horizontally and vertically