LEADTOOLS medical imaging SDKs offer annotations specifically designed for DICOM and medical applications to .NET (C# & VB), C/C++, WinRT, iOS, macOS, Java and web developers. LEADTOOLS medical image and DICOM annotations can be used to markup an image without changing the image data.
Overview of LEADTOOLS Medical Annotation SDK Technology
- Radiologist-style annotations are included in the Medical Image Viewer and Medical Workstation Viewer controls
- Broad range of medical image annotation objects, including text, geometric shapes, rulers, audio, and video
- Image annotations can be added to DICOM, bitonal, color, and grayscale images
- Draw image annotations to a presentation layer or permanently burn onto the bitmap
- Protect sensitive information with powerful redaction and encryption objects
- Control access and design rights with annotation security
- Customize existing or create new medical image annotation object types
- Medical image annotation behaviors can be fully automated or manually implemented for maximum control
- Snap-to-grid and alignment UI
- Supports single and multi-page image files
- Flexible annotation object storage options include DICOM data sets (Grayscale Softcopy Presentation State), image files, separate annotation files, database, memory, and XML
- Unlimited undo and redo levels
- Full support for native DICOM and proprietary LEADTOOLS annotations
- Comprehensive multithread support for maximum performance
- Native 32 and 64-bit binaries for medical image annotation development
Specialized Medical Imaging Annotation Objects
- Cross Product
- Text Pointer
DICOM Annotation Objects
Several annotation objects can be stored as LEADTOOLS annotations or converted to DICOM annotations and stored in a DICOM data set with the Graphic Annotation Module and Grayscale Softcopy Presentation State IOD. The following objects can be converted between LEADTOOLS and DICOM annotation types:
- Closed Curve
- Text Pointer
Ease of Use and Control
The simplicity of using LEADTOOLS annotations is extended to both the developer and the end-user. With very little code, the developer can create a fully automated, dynamic, and feature-packed annotation application which is also easy to operate by the end-user. Automation features include mouse event handling, cursors, toolbars, right-click context menus, and instant text editing.
With the LEADTOOLS Image Annotation Customizable Features, developers can create new annotation types, change the context menus and toolbars, and localize the dialog strings. End-users can rotate, calibrate, and change virtually any visual setting of the annotations on the screen.
Confidence and Security
Enhanced redaction objects hide and encrypt confidential parts of images even in non-LEADTOOLS viewers. When combined with annotation security, these redact objects provide a means of granting user-level access to view redacted areas of an image.