Annotation SDK for DICOM
LEADTOOLS medical imaging SDKs offer .NET (C# & VB), C/C++, WinRT, iOS, OS X, Java and Web developers a variety of DICOM and medical image annotation options for creating applications to annotate DICOM, grayscale, bitonal and color images. LEADTOOLS medical image and DICOM annotations can be used to mark up an image without changing the image data.
Overview of LEADTOOLS Medical Annotation SDK Technology
- Radiologist-style annotations are included in the Medical Image Viewer and Medical Workstation Viewer controls
- Broad range of medical image annotation objects including text, geometric shapes, rulers, audio and video
- Image annotations can be added to DICOM, bitonal, color and grayscale images
- Draw image annotations to a presentation layer or permanently burn onto the bitmap
- Protect sensitive information with powerful redaction and encryption objects
- Control access and design rights with annotation security
- Customize existing or create new medical image annotation object types
- Medical image annotation features can be fully automated or manually implemented for maximum control
- Supports single and multi-page image files
- Flexible annotation object storage options including DICOM Data Sets (Grayscale Softcopy Presentation State), image files, separate annotation files, database, memory, XML and more
- Unlimited undo and redo levels
- Full support for both DICOM-native and LEADTOOLS-proprietary annotations
- Comprehensive multi-thread support for maximum performance
- Native 32 and 64-bit binaries for medical image annotation development
Specialized Medical Imaging Annotation objects include:
- Audio and Video
- Cross Product
- Text Pointer
- Full list of objects
DICOM Annotation Objects
Several annotation objects can be stored as LEADTOOLS annotations or converted to DICOM annotations and stored in a DICOM data set with the Graphic Annotation Module and Grayscale Softcopy Presentation State IOD. The following objects can be converted between LEADTOOLS and DICOM annotation types.
- Closed Curve
- Text Pointer
Ease of Use and Control
The simplicity of using LEADTOOLS annotations is extended to both the developer and the end-user. With very little code, the developer can create a fully-automated, dynamic and feature-packed annotation application which is also easy to operate by the end-user. Automation features include mouse event handling, cursors, toolbars, right-click context menus and instant text editing.
With the LEADTOOLS Image Annotation Customizable Features, developers can create new annotation types, change the context menus and toolbars, and localize the dialog strings. End-users can rotate, calibrate and change virtually any visual setting of the annotations on the screen.
Confidence and Security
Enhanced redaction objects hide and encrypt confidential parts of images even in non-LEADTOOLS viewers. When combined with annotation security, these redact objects provide a means of granting user-level access to view redacted areas of an image.
Other LEADTOOLS SDK Technologies Related to Medical Annotations
- Annotation Overview
- Annotations for Document Imaging
- Annotations for HTML5
- Annotations for Silverlight
- Annotations for WPF
- Customizable Annotation Features
- Annotation Objects Comparison Chart
- DICOM Viewer
LEADTOOLS SDK Products that Include Medical Annotation Technology
Hover over each product for a description. Click for more details.
Develop powerful Medical Imaging applications with the LEADTOOLS Medical Imaging SDK. Features include comprehensive DICOM data set support, 8-16 bit extended grayscale image support, image annotation, specialized extended grayscale image display such as window level and LUT processing, and specialized medical image processing. Other features include lossless JPEG compression, and signed and unsigned image data processing.
Develop robust PACS Imaging applications with LEADTOOLS PACS Imaging. Features include Medical Web Viewer Framework, high and low-level PACS SCP and SCU functions and controls, secure PACS communication, comprehensive DICOM data set support, image annotation, extended grayscale image display such as window level and LUT processing, and specialized medical image processing. Other features include lossless JPEG compression, JPIP and signed and unsigned image data processing.
Develop powerful PACS and Medical imaging applications with LEADTOOLS Medical Imaging Suite. Features include Zero-footprint HTML5 DICOM Viewer, Medical Web Viewer Framework, Medical 3D, DICOM Multimedia codecs, high and low-level PACS SCP and SCU functions and controls, secure PACS communication, Print to PACS, comprehensive DICOM data set support, image annotation, extended grayscale image display such as window level and LUT processing, and specialized medical image processing. Other features include lossless JPEG compression, JPIP, and signed and unsigned image data processing.