Overview of LEADTOOLS DICOM Viewer Control
Information image overlay is an essential feature for any high-end medical viewer.
As a programmer, you have full control of the text, size, style, color, and location within the window. Additionally, overlays may be permanently
rendered onto the image or left as just as an overlay. The control includes a set of built-in overlay templates to display information such as window
center/width values, patient information, and field of view.
Fully customizable cell and sub-cell layout that includes:
- Adjacent cells
- Any cell location
- Any cell size
- Empty cells
- Overlapping cells
- Supports patient orientation, localization, MPR, and reference lines
Built-in tools for:
- Annotation and mark-up (text, arrow, rectangle, ellipse, Cobb angle, Norberg, custom annotation object)
- Image alpha (sigmoid, exponential, logarithmic)
- Image display (window level, zoom, zoom to rectangle, pan, magnifying glass, spatial locator, user spy glass)
- Measurement (ruler, poly-ruler, snap ruler, protractor, statistics, probe)
- Region of interest (magic wand, nudge, shrink)
- Built-in and customizable image display options to control the image view and scale
- LUT spectrum provides a color lookup table to improve image analysis
- Specialized diagnostic evaluation tools such as PET-CT fusion
- Automated image synchronization to view multiple series
- Cine playback
- Advanced animation features which are able to run while adjusting the image's window level, scale, offset, and more
- Integrates directly with LEADTOOLS Medical 3D SDK Technology
- Built-in image processing, includes rotate, flip, reverse, and invert
- Options for low-memory usage facilitate large study display
- Built-in ruler that can automatically adjusts based on image DPI, zoom, scale factor, and custom calibration settings
- Various interpolated image display algorithms to adjust display quality and speed
- Low-level programmatic access to customize DICOM Viewer Control properties and behaviors, and handle events
Technology Related to DICOM Viewer Control
Start Coding with LEADTOOLS
Download the Full Evaluation
The Full Evaluation Download includes all LEADTOOLS Document, Medical, Imaging, and Vector technologies for all development and target platforms.
Get everything LEADTOOLS all in one convenient download.
Download Projects using NuGet
LEADTOOLS provides NuGet packages for .NET Framework, .NET Core, UWP, and Xamarin development.
Download projects that reference our NuGets and start coding right away.
Supported Development Platforms for DICOM Viewer Control
Code Tips That use DICOM Viewer Control
Documentation Links for DICOM Viewer Control
White Papers Written About DICOM Viewer Control
The demand for zero-footprint applications is growing rapidly, especially in the health care industry with the increasing popularity and usage of tablets and mobile devices by health care providers. There are many ways to display DICOM images and communicate with a PACS over the web or intranet in a zero-footprint manner, but not all applications are created equal. Any zero-footprint application must do a significant portion of work at the server, but this typically causes a tradeoff in features and performance for which developers must find the proper balance. LEADTOOLS overcomes these problems with an advanced AngularJS framework that is able to query any PACS and window level and annotate 16-bit grayscale images on an HTML5 canvas.
Demo Applications that Include DICOM Viewer Control
A zero-footprint Medical viewer with light and dark themes to display DICOM images (pixel data) with window level, density removal, offset, scale, zoom, stack, annotation/markup, and multi-touch support for phone, tablet, and desktop.
It demonstrates zero-footprint 3D volume rendering of multiple volume types including VRT, MIP, MPR, and SSD in the Medical Web Viewer. The viewer does not require browser plugins, desktop utilities, or remote desktop clients and features low resolution and caching options for faster rendering and loading.
Note: If you have your own test images that you would like to upload into the application, contact email@example.com to have a private user profile created.
The LEADTOOLS DICOM Viewer App is a solution for viewing DICOM images and the embedded DICOM tags with tools such as window-leveling and stack panning. This app is designed for connecting to, communicating with, and retrieving images from PACS Servers.
Screenshots of DICOM Viewer Control
LEADTOOLS SDK Products that Include DICOM Viewer Control
Develop powerful Medical Imaging applications with the LEADTOOLS Medical Imaging SDK. Features include comprehensive DICOM data set support, 8-16 bit extended grayscale image support, image annotation, specialized extended grayscale image display such as window level and LUT processing, and medical-specific image processing. Other features include lossless JPEG compression, and signed and unsigned image data processing.
Develop robust DICOM PACS applications with LEADTOOLS PACS Imaging. Features include Medical Web Viewer Framework, high and low-level PACS SCP and SCU functions and controls, secure PACS communication, comprehensive DICOM data set support, image annotation, extended grayscale image display such as window level and LUT processing, and specialized medical image processing. Other features include lossless JPEG compression, JPIP, MRTI, and signed and unsigned image data processing.
Develop powerful PACS and Medical imaging applications with LEADTOOLS Medical Imaging Suite. Features include LEAD's Zero-footprint HTML5 DICOM Viewer, Medical Web Viewer Framework, Medical 3D, DICOM Multimedia codecs, high and low-level PACS SCP and SCU functions and controls, secure PACS communication, Print to PACS, comprehensive DICOM data set support, image annotation, extended grayscale image display such as window level and LUT processing, DICOM Hanging Protocol, and specialized medical image processing. Other features include lossless JPEG compression, JPIP, and signed and unsigned image data processing.