TIFF Format SDK Libraries
LEADTOOLS provides comprehensive TIFF file format support to developers. TIFF is a tag-based file format designed to promote the universal interchange of digital image data and provides a very flexible container format to store image data and metadata. Programmers using LEADTOOLS SDKs can load, save, convert, and edit the tags and image data for many different flavors of TIFF, including EXIF, TIFF-FX, and GeoTIFF.
TIFF Format Libraries
In the past 31 years, LEADTOOLS has grown its TIFF support beyond that of any other SDK vendor. LEADTOOLS libraries support many types of TIFF as well as uncountable "flavors" of TIFF created by applications that may not have followed the spec as closely as it should have. Only time and experience with thousands of customers can provide the level of experience and robustness that the TIFF libraries in the LEADTOOLS SDK has.
Extensive TIFF compression options, including lossy and lossless, standard and proprietary:
- JPEG, JPEG 2000, JBIG, JBIG2, CCITT, CCITT G3/G4, ABIC, LZW, PackBits, ZIP, CIELAB, MRC, LEAD CMP, LEAD CMW, and LEAD ABC
Flexible bit depth and color space support, including extended grayscale:
- 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 16, 24, 32, 48, 64-bits per pixel
- RGB, CMYK, YCC, YUV444, YUV422, YUV411
- Single and multipage TIFF files
- Read, modify, and save TIFF tags and comments
TIFF CCITT Format Libraries
TIFF files compressed with CCITT compression are the most common 1-bit image files used for fax transmission and document imaging.
- TIFF CCITT: Compressed TIFF files that are commonly used for FAX transmission and document images
- TIFF CCITT Group 3: TIFF CCITT files in a format that is more advanced and more compressed than TIFF CCITT; LEADTOOLS supports 1-dimension and 2-dimension variations of TIFF CCITT Group 3
- TIFF CCITT Group 4: TIFF CCITT files in a format that is more advanced and more compressed than TIFF CCITT Group 3
- TIFF Class F: Class-F is the TIFF extension for fax documents; LEADTOOLS supports Class-F compatible tags
TIFF-FX Format Libraries
TIFF-FX files are Internet Fax files developed and used by Xerox. TIFF-FX supports several types of compression. In addition, TIFF-FX can be extended as the need arises. LEADTOOLS supports the following modes of TIFF-FX:
- Minimal Black and White: Uses binary MH compression (T.4)
- Extended Black and White: Uses binary MH, MR and MMR compression (T.4, T.6)
- Lossless JBIG Black and White: Uses JBIG compression (T.85, T.82)
- Lossy Color and Grayscale: Uses JPEG compression (T.42, T.81)
- Lossless Color and Grayscale: Uses JBIG compression (T.43, T.82)
EXIF Format Libraries
EXIF is a standard for image files created by digital cameras and other image capturing devices. The standard set by the Japan Electronic Industry Development Association. EXIF is formally named the Digital Still Camera Image File Format Standard. EXIF files can contain either uncompressed image data or JPEG compressed image data. In addition, EXIF can contain metadata fields of various types, including a thumbnail stamp image. LEADTOOLS supports the following flavors of EXIF:
- JPEG compression and YUV 4:2:2 color space
- JPEG compression and YUV 4:1:1 color space
- Uncompressed TIFF and RGB color space
- Uncompressed TIFF and YCbCr color space
GeoTIFF Format Libraries
GeoTIFF files are standard TIFF files that contain six specific data tags describing the image location, scale, projection, and GeoKeys, which is additional information useful for topographic applications. LEADTOOLS includes functionality to:
- Enumerate GeoKeys that exist in a file; there are 65536 possible GeoKeys
- Read and write specific GeoKeys
Easy to Integrate
LEADTOOLS handles the heavy lifting — eliminating months of R&D, while giving you the best quality and performance available. You'll be free to focus on other components of your application. Download the LEADTOOLS evaluation to streamline your development.
Start Coding With LEADTOOLS TIFF Format
TIFF Format libraries as well as all LEADTOOLS Recognition, Document, Medical, Vector, and Imaging technologies for all development and target platforms, including Windows, Linux, and macOS.
Online Demo Application that include TIFF Format SDK Libraries
- Load an image from url
- Flip horizontally and vertically