LEADTOOLS document imaging SDKs offer .NET (C# & VB), C/C++, WinRT, iOS, macOS, Java, and web developers a variety of document image annotation options that can be integrated into your application to markup bitonal, grayscale, and color images. A distinct advantage of LEADTOOLS image annotations is that even though most document images are bitonal (1-bpp, black and white), color and multimedia image markups can still be added without changing the image data.
Overview of LEADTOOLS Document Image Annotation SDK Technology
- Broad range of document image annotation objects, including text, geometric shapes, rulers, Bates stamps, audio, and video
Text-based review and collaboration objects similar to Adobe Acrobat and Microsoft Word
- Full color image annotations can be added to bitonal, color, and grayscale images
- Draw image annotations to a presentation layer or permanently burn onto the bitmap
- Protect sensitive information with powerful redaction and encryption objects
- Control access and design rights with annotation security
- Customize existing or create new document image annotation object types
- Document image annotation behaviors can be fully automated or manually implemented for maximum control
- Snap-to-grid and alignment UI
- Supports single and multi-page image files
- Flexible annotation object storage options, including image files, separate annotation files, database, and memory
- Unlimited undo and redo levels
- Add document image annotation to single and multithreaded applications
- 32 and 64-bit binaries for document image annotation development
Specialized Document Imaging Annotation objects include:
- Rich Text
- Text Pointer
- Text Rollup/Push Pin
- Sticky Note
- Rubber Stamp
Storage of Annotations
LEADTOOLS annotations can be stored as an external annotation file, XML, private DICOM data elements, or within a TIFF file as LEAD or Wang annotation tags. Alternatively, annotations can become a permanent part of the image data or exported as SVG or EMF.
LEADTOOLS annotations may also be exported as native PDF annotations in PDF documents with the LEADTOOLS Document Writers.
Ease of Use and Control
The simplicity of using LEADTOOLS annotations is extended to both the developer and the end-user. With very little code, the developer can create a fully automated, dynamic, and feature-packed annotation application which is also easy to operate by the end-user. Automation features include mouse event handling, cursors, toolbars, right-click context menus, and instant text editing.
With the LEADTOOLS Image Annotation Customizable Features, developers can create new annotation types, change the context menus and toolbars, and localize the dialog strings. End-users can rotate, calibrate, and change virtually any visual setting of the annotations on the screen.
Confidence and Security
Enhanced redaction objects hide and encrypt confidential parts of images even in non-LEADTOOLS viewers. When combined with annotation security, these redact objects provide a means of granting user-level access to view redacted areas of an image.