This latest remaster of the LEADTOOLS family of imaging toolkits is packed with more updates and new features. This release offers new AJAX-enabled controls for developing interactive web applications, support for JPEG 2000 Part 2, improved documentation, new tutorials, and much more.
Version 15 of this C API has changed from version 14.5 as follows:
LEADTOOLS Version 15 supports both ANSI and UNICODE development in the same libraries for most .dlls. For information on the required .dll file name and import library, please refer to Files To Be Included With Your Application.
LEADTOOLS now supports development for x64 platforms.
LEADTOOLS now supports specifying the version of toolkit that you are using. You should define LTVXX_CONFIG in your project, where "*" is the version you are using, for example: LTV15_CONFIG.
This release incorporates improved help navigation, dozens of new examples and tutorials, and hundreds of new and improved index entries. C API and C++ Class Library Help now includes Advanced Search, a Favorites tab, and Locate, Products, and Support buttons.
Deskew Check functions were designed specifically to aid automation of bank check scanning, recognition and archiving. Its powerful, reliable automatic deskew features use a proprietary algorithm to detect bank check image orientation, and within milliseconds rotate it to horizontal or vertical.
Blank Page Detect functions are designed to help reduce disk storage and unnecessary processing of blank pages in document imaging applications. Can detect noisy, bleed through and lined blank pages with high precision and speed.
LEADTOOLS has added signed image support to 50 functions. Over half of all LEADTOOLS image functions now support both signed and unsigned images.
When obtaining image file information, you can get or change the current filter information used by LEADTOOLS.
LEADTOOLS has added the following file support:
JPEG XR / Microsoft HD Photo file format (HDP).
Reading TIFF images with ZIP compression.
JPX (JPEG 2000 Part 2) support especially useful for document, medical, and satellite imagery archiving systems . All LEADTOOLS Imaging Pro, Document Imaging, and Medical Imaging toolkits can read/write JPEG 2000 file formats (JP2 and JPX). LEADTOOLS Document and Medical Imaging toolkits also add support for manipulating JPX boxes, frames, GML Data, and other advanced JPX features.
MNG (Multiple Network Graphics) file support a multiple-image member of the PNG (Portable Network Graphics) format family. It can contain animations, slide shows, or complex still frames, comprised of multiple PNG or JPEG Network Graphic (JNG) single-image datastreams.
PDF with CMYK data support LEADTOOLS now supports saving PDF files with CMYK data.
PNG Compressed Icon to the Windows Icons and Cursors filters (ICO and CUR).
WPG/VWPG file support LEADTOOLS now supports both version 1 and version 2 of Word Perfect Graphics formats.
LEADTOOLS has enhanced the following file format support to improve performance:
- CGM (Computer Graphics Metafile): This version adds raster, restricted text, polymarker,cell array, 3-point circular arc, and CGM objects.
- DGN (Intergraph Format): Now supports symbology levels, with enhanced color and text rendering.
- DWG (AutoCAD Format): Now supports DWG2004, leader objects, and directional (2D) extrusion, with an optimized block and entity parser; improved color, line type, block, and extent support; and enhanced polyline, circle, ellipse, arc, spline, multi-line, attribute, and raster object performance.
- DXF (Drawing Interchange Format): This version includes an updated DXF parser; updates algorithms for drawing objects and adds extrusion support; improves the rendering of model and paper space; adds entity block rendering, multi-line objects, multi-line text objects, end arrows, and width and bulge values for polyline objects; and enhances performance for ellipse rotation, arc angles, hatchures, splines, and attributes.
- SVG (Scalable Vector Graphics): Now supports gradient brushes, hyperlinks, transformation matrices, and class styles, and enhances elliptical paths, arcs, text, and SVG objects.
- PSD (Photoshop Format): Adds support for saving Unicode layer names, and enhances reading layers, masks, and alpha channels.
Implementing an Automated Annotation Program has been updated
The following tutorials have been added:
The following topics have been added:
ISIS Support is removed. Users can find fast scanning support, more reliability, and better industry support with our Fast TWAIN functionality.
The following functions have been removed:
The following functions have been changed:
The following function has been replaced:
The following structures have been changed:
The following structures have been removed:
Image File Information
Image Processing Functions
Loading and Saving Transparency Data for PNG Files
JPEG 2000 file format
XPS File Format
For more information, refer to: