LEADTOOLS Vector C API Introduction
The LEADTOOLS Vector C API provides the ability to load, modify and save vector images. The API allows creating powerful 2-D and 3-D viewers, editors, and converters that support both vector and raster image formats. Creating these types of applications eliminates the need to install or license the more expensive original application that created the vector files, while only needing the specific functionality to be included.
LEAD also offers the LEADTOOLS Vector View Plug in, which can be added to any LEADTOOLS Imaging Product. The LEADTOOLS Vector View Plug in provides only the LEADTOOLS Vector Viewing Features. These features provide the ability to load vector images and perform limited vector image manipulation.
- Vector Image Format Support: Vector image formats that can be loaded, saved, converted and exported to a raster format include CGM, DGN, DRW, DWF, DWG, DXF, EMF, WMF, PLT, Gerber, PCL, PCT, SVG, VWPG, CMX and SHP.
- Primitive Objects Supported: Support for primitive objects include Arc, Bitmap, Brush, Camera, Circle, Clone, Ellipse, Elliptical Arc, Font, Group, Layer, Line, Pen, Pie, Chord, Poly Draw, Polygon, Poly Line, Poly Bezier, Raster, Rectangle, Text, Vertex and Clipping objects.
- View and Edit Support: Low and high-level functions to control the view of vector drawings include zooming (both uniform or around any axis), panning, rotation (around any axis) and anti-aliasing. Vector drawings can be edited in any way desired including adding, modifiing, deleting and copying objects into the clipboard or between different vector drawings.
- Printing Support: Functionality to scale the vector drawing to any resolution desired without distorting the original image ensures that fine details of the drawing will not be lost during printing.
- Vector Conversion Support: Vector files can be loaded from one format and saved as another, without the need for the original application that created the file.
- Raster Image Support: Vector files can be converted to any resolution raster image and saved to any of the 150+ image file formats and sub-formats that the LEADTOOLS Raster Imaging products support.
LEADTOOLS SDK also includes general raster imaging features, such as Image Processing (Transforms, Filters, Drawing, Region of Interest, Color Conversion, Display, Special Effects (choose from more than 2000 effects), Compression, Image Format (import/export), Printing, Internet/intranet imaging, Database imaging, Imaging Common Dialogs and Screen Capture.
- LEADTOOLS includes Unicode support.
Programming with LEADTOOLS Vector
Summary of All Supported Image File Formats
LEADTOOLS TWAIN C API changes