LEADTOOLS OCR Module - OmniPage Engine C API Introduction
The LEADTOOLS OCR Module - OmniPage Engine C API extends the functionality of LEADTOOLS SDKs by providing properties, methods, and events for easily incorporating optical and magnetic ink character recognition (OCR / MICR) into applications. Superior OCR processing speeds are exceptionally useful in form recognition and processing applications. Fax, dot matrix and halftones can be preprocessed to improve recognition results
- Recognize a variety of documents, including facsimiles, photocopies and documents with complex layouts.
- Select the language to be recognized, and recognize multiple languages within one document. Choose from English, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Norwegian, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, or Swedish.
- Support for dialects such as US. English, French Canadian, Latin American Spanish, Swiss German, and Brazilian Portuguese is also provided.
- Recognize text from 5 to 72 points in virtually any typeface, and export to more than 40 different text, word processing, database, or spreadsheet output formats, including MS Word, MS Excel, PDF and more.
- Recognize special characters, such as MICR (Magnetic Ink Character Recognition), including bank routing indicators, check amounts, and customer account numbers.
- PDF and PDF/A output, ICR and OMR support is also available.
- Recognize multiple document pages at once and save recognition result to a single file.
- Add page(s) to the internal OCR list of pages.
- Process both text and halftone graphics. The recognition software's ability to distinguish halftone graphics from text can provide the basis of a compound document processing system.
- Each document may contain multiple OCR zones, and each zone may use any of the specialized OCR recognition engines (modules): MOR, MTX, and FireWorX.
- Segment complex pages manually or automatically into text zones, image zones, table zones, lines, headers and footers.
- Display document pages with or without their zones.
- Recognize text and colors within tables.
- Auto-orientate documents for improved recognition.
- Automatically detect fax, dot matrix, and other degraded documents and compensate accordingly.
- Correct document characteristics such as noise, darkness, lightness to achieve the best possible character recognition.
- Increase recognition accuracy with built-in lexical classes and user-defined lexicons (dictionaries)
- Set desired accuracy (confidence) thresholds prior to recognition to balance speed and accuracy of recognition.
Programming with LEADTOOLS OCR
An Overview of Recognition Modules
LEADTOOLS OCR Module - OmniPage Engine C API Changes