Introduction to LEADTOOLS Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF).
The Microsoft Windows Presentation Foundation environment provides a consistent programming model for building applications. Directly related to XAML, it provides a clear separation between business logic and the user interface, enabling you to build applications that blend the user interface, documents, images, and other content for delivery on the desktop or across-the-web. That is, business logic models developed by business analysts, marketing departments, or end users (using XAML plug-ins) can be used natively as application front-ends. This eliminates the need for coding (or re-coding) from "storyboards," instead allowing for direct collaboration among web developers, art departments, business analysts, and back-end programmers.
WPF is pre-installed in Windows Vista, and is also available for installation on Windows XP SP2 and Windows Server 2003.
WPF supports robust imaging capabilities, interface automation, data-driven user interfaces and visualization, as well as Windows shell integration.
For feature articles, downloads, and community support, visit the MSDN and Windows Presentation Foundation forums and communities.
** LEADTOOLS Imaging Pro SDKs** support image processing (transforms, filters, drawing), display, special effects, and compression for 150+ file formats, including JPEG, JPEG 2000 [read], TIFF, CCITT G4 and LEAD's proprietary CMP, CMW, and ABC.
- NET 3.0. LEADTOOLS supports WPF. A new conversion class allows developers to convert the LEAD RasterImage class to and from the WPF BitmapSource class. Your WPF-based applications can now leverage the power of LEADTOOLS image processing and file input / output functionality. Now also includes an advanced version of the WPF (XAML) Viewer control which works directly with the RasterImage class.
- File Format Support. Read, write, and convert, and save image files in over 150 of the most popular standard image formats, including JPEG, JPEG 2000 [read], GIF, TIFF (including G3/G4, LZW [save], CMYK, JTIF), PNG, BMP, MODCA/IOCA, PCX, TGA, and XPS.
- Image Compression. Contains classes for loading/saving image and non-image data to the multiple image file formats supported by LEADTOOLS. Support includes palettes, memory files, multi-page files, compressed files, comments, tags, animation, view perspectives, raw image data, compressed data, alpha channel, and others. This namespace also provides classes to load files from a network source in an asynchronous manner. This includes FeedLoad and stream (URL) support
- Image Processing. Use more than 200 digital filters and transforms to process images. Includes smooth, sharpen, edge detect/enhance, modify brightness/contrast/gamma, change hue and saturation, red-eye removal, unsharp mask, add noise, and resize and rotate images using various resampling techniques (including bicubic). Over half of all image functions support both signed and unsigned images.
- Image Display. Full control over brightness and contrast settings, color reduction with dithering and palette control, zooming/scaling/fitting, panning, scrolling, and painting with transparency. Additionally, LEADTOOLS provides image-list and thumbnail browser controls, advanced magnifying-glass features, and an automated pan-window control.
- Leadtools.Codecs. Support includes palettes, memory files, multi-page files, compressed files, comments, tags, animation, view perspectives, raw image data, compressed data, and alpha channel.
- Data binding. The ImageViewer control supports this fast, easy way to connect to databases. All LEADTOOLS filters have data binding support for loading and saving.