Unlocking Special LEAD Features
LEAD offers a variety of features (such as Document support, Medical support, Vector support, etc.), which are only available in certain toolkits and are locked. To use these features you must:
- Purchase a development license for the toolkit or desired add-on that supports the desired feature(s).
- Complete the Deployment License Application form. For information on deployment agreements, go to LEADTOOLS Software License Agreement.
- Purchase any necessary deployment licenses, and if applicable, complete and sign a Commercial Distribution License. The signed document may be scanned as a PDF file and sent to email@example.com or sent via fax to 704-372-8139. (To obtain a copy of the Commercial Distribution License for your product(s) contact firstname.lastname@example.org.)
- If prepaid licenses are desired, include the order form with payment information. You can send this along with the deployment agreement. (To get a copy of the order form, contact email@example.com.)
- After we have received the Deployment License Application form and, if applicable, the Commercial Distribution License, we will send the key(s) necessary for unlocking the appropriate features along with instructions for eliminating the license dialogs.
- When you receive the instructions and the key(s), call the RasterSupport.SetLicense with the appropriate key to unlock special features for the toolkit.
NOTE: The call to RasterSupport.SetLicense should be placed at the startup of the application and does not unlock the machine for use afterwards. This is required for each instance of the application that is executed. If your application spawns other processes that also use LEADTOOLS, those processes must make their own call to RasterSupport.SetLicense.
NOTE: As an alternative to calling RasterSupport.SetLicense, you can specify your runtime license in the Leadtools.dll.config file. For more information, see LEADTOOLS Config License.
NOTE: Server applications require a server license, and may require license activation. For more information see Activating License Server.
Refer to the RasterSupportType enumeration for a list of specific features that can be unlocked.
For information on products and the features available in each product, refer to Product Features, or for information on licensing, refer to Licensing.
To determine whether a certain feature is locked, call the RasterSupport.IsLocked method.
Unlocking support for optional features, such as LEADTOOLS Document/Medical capabilities, is accomplished using the following configuration files:
Each configuration file contains an element where you specify the location of the license file and your developer key. You need to fill these elements in order to set your runtime license and unlock features. For example, the Leadtools.Services.Raster.ServiceImplementations.dll.config contains the following section: