H.263 Codec SDK Libraries
The LEADTOOLS H.263 codec is a high-quality, lossy, inter-frame codec with a quality and compression ratio comparable to MPEG-4. It can be used by .NET (C# & VB) and C/C++ developers within a range of DirectShow and Media Foundation applications, including video conferencing, creating 3GPP files (H.263 Video/AMR Audio) for playback on mobile phones, screen capture, Internet video, and surveillance.
H.263 Codec Libraries
The H.263 video compression can be used in a wide range of applications such as video conferencing, internet video, surveillance and monitoring, transmission over a low bit rate (down to 9600bps), radio links, and media storage.
- Inter-frame compression comparable to MPEG-4
- Rate control algorithm based on the TMN8 which is suitable for videophone applications
- Encode UYVY, YUV2, YV12, I420, RGB24, and RGB32 formats
- Decode RGB24, RGB32 YUY2, YV12, RGB555, and RGB565 formats
Implements all elements and functionality of ITU-T H.263, plus
- Deblocking Filter Mode (Annex J)
- Unrestricted Motion Vector (Annex D)
- Advanced Intra Coding Mode (Annex I)
- Advanced Prediction Mode (Annex F)
- Modified Quantization Mode (Annex T)
- Alternative Inter VLC Mode (Annex S)
- Supports any video dimension
- Employs half-pixel precision for motion compensation
- Unrestricted motion vectors
- Includes .NET (C# & VB) and C DLL libraries for 32 and 64-bit development
Easy to Integrate
LEADTOOLS handles the heavy lifting — eliminating months of R&D, while giving you the best quality and performance available. You'll be free to focus on other components of your application. Download the LEADTOOLS evaluation to streamline your development.
Start Coding With LEADTOOLS H.263 Codec
Multimedia libraries for Windows development in C, C++, C#, and VB.NET targeting DirectShow and Media Foundation frameworks.