LEADTOOLS includes everything developers need to create robust applications capable of receiving, displaying, navigating, processing, and archiving all of the MPEG-2 Transport data from UAVs. LEAD's experience in the UAV streaming arena combined with its decades of experience in video compression has allowed us to create the most powerful package for developers looking to create UAV viewing stations that integrate high-quality video streams requiring minimal bandwidth.
UAS (Unmanned Aerial Systems) and UAVs (Unmanned Aerial Vehicles) have become increasingly popular over the last few years for both military and civil applications. As the number of sensors gathering data and the amount of video captured from UAVs grows, so does the demand for stable and reliable streaming. There is a requirement to reliably receive video data coming from UAVs, process incoming video and KLV data, and efficiently archive the data for later retrieval.
Overview of LEADTOOLS UAS and UAV SDK Technology
- Minimal Latency — When viewing UAV streams, it is very important to ensure that you are viewing the stream in real-time. Configurable maximum tolerated latency ensures that users see what is happening in real time.
- Minimal Startup Delay — Viewers on the ground can connect quickly to any MPEG-2 Transport stream and begin viewing the real-time stream immediately
- Stable decoders/demultiplexers — Corrupted video is often encountered with air-to-ground streaming. LEAD's filters and codecs are stable, robust, and handle corrupted data without disrupting the current connection. LEADTOOLS provides a wide variety of encoders and decoders, including:
KLV Parsing and Synchronization — LEAD's MPEG-2 Transport Demultiplexer allows developers to receive and parse KLV data
from the most popular KLV standards today, including:
- UAV Datalink Local Metadata Set (MISB STD 0601.4 4 March 2010)
- UAV Datalink Minimum Metadata Set (MISB STD 0902.1)
- Predator UAV Basic Universal Metadata Set (MISB EG 0104.4 14 December 2006)
- DVR functionality — Allows viewers to pause, play, rewind, fast forward, and "jump to live" streaming video
- Byte-accurate Seeking — In cases where the timestamps of the video are corrupted, users can still accurately seek the stream using byte seeking
- DirectShow and Media Foundation based SDK — All LEADTOOLS Multimedia SDKs leverage Microsoft DirectShow and Media Foundation technology which means you can add additional features with any DirectShow Filter or Media Foundation Transform such as motion detection and video stabilization
- Multithreaded Decoders — LEAD's decoders are optimized for multi-processor machines.
- Supports UDP and TCP streaming protocols