MPEG-DASH Format SDK Libraries Buy
LEADTOOLS provides everything needed to stream the MPEG-DASH format using the Media Streaming Server in .NET (C# & VB) and C/C++.
MPEG-DASH Format Libraries
With only a few lines of code, a full-featured media streaming server can be created to stream audio/video multimedia to any MPEG-DASH client application.
- Full support to stream any multimedia file, capture device, ONVIF-conformant camera, and UDP and RTSP streams to clients using the MPEG-DASH protocol
- Easily implement an MPEG-DASH server with the LEADTOOLS Media Streaming Server
- MPEG-DASH is an industry-standard alternative to several proprietary adaptive streaming solutions such as
- Adaptive streaming technology breaks up videos into smaller segments for reliable, continuous playback of large videos and live broadcasts
- Full support to stream multiple container formats
- .NET (C# & VB) and C DLL libraries for 32 and 64-bit development
What is MPEG-DASH?
MPEG-DASH (Dynamic Adaptive Streaming over HTTP) is a streaming technique designed to use an adaptive bit rate and provide content providers with the ability to stream high quality media from conventional HTTP web servers. Because MPEG-DASH is adaptive, it can seamlessly change the stream settings based on current network conditions and client hardware capabilities to provide high-quality playback with fewer stalls and less re-buffering. MPEG-DASH is similar to Apple HTTP Live Streaming (HLS) and works by breaking media content into small HTTP-based file segments, making it possible to stream many hours of content such as movies or live sports and news broadcasts. Segments are encoded at different bit rates, allowing the client to appropriately choose the next segment to download based on current network conditions. MPEG-DASH segments can contain any media data, but the only supported containers are ISO base media file format (MP4) and MPEG-2 Transport Stream.
Easy to Integrate
LEADTOOLS handles the heavy lifting — eliminating months of R&D, while giving you the best quality and performance available. You'll be free to focus on other components of your application. Download the LEADTOOLS evaluation to streamline your development.
Start Coding With LEADTOOLS MPEG-DASH Format
Multimedia libraries for Windows development in C, C++, C#, and VB.NET targeting DirectShow and Media Foundation frameworks.
Online Demo Application that include MPEG-DASH Format SDK Libraries
With only one file placed on the server, the LEADTOOLS Media Streaming Server framework will stream to any device by automatically selecting the appropriate protocol (Universal Player). Or, you can manually select a player for each of the supported protocols:
- Adobe Flash RTMP
- Apple HTTP Live Streaming (HLS)
- HTML5 Video
- Microsoft Smooth Streaming (SSF)
- Adobe HTTP Dynamic Streaming (HDS)