LEADTOOLS includes everything needed to play, capture, and convert MKV (Matroska Multimedia Container) files by .NET (C# & VB) and C/C++ developers. The LEADTOOLS MKV Multiplexer (Mux) and Demultiplexer (Demux) combine and split various audio and video streams into the MKV and WebM formats.
MKV is an open format designed to hold an unlimited number of video, audio, picture, and subtitle tracks inside a single file. It is intended to serve as a universal format to store common multimedia content such as movies and TV shows.
WebM is a multimedia format sponsored by Google, among other companies, for use with HTML5 video. The WebM format was developed with the goal to create a completely open and free multimedia streaming format for use on the Internet. WebM is encapsulated as a Matroska file using VP8 to encode video and Vorbis to encode audio. Both VP8 and Vorbis are based on free and open standards. By using the WebM format, developers eliminate potential third-party patent issues related to some of the other encoding technologies such as H.265, H.264, and MPEG-4.
Overview of LEADTOOLS MKV Mux and Demux
- Full support of the MKV and WebM standards
- Store any content with any video compression
- Standardized tags regardless of the audio format used
- Convert all tracks from a CD into a single file
- Delete portions of the audio without re-encoding
- .NET (C# & VB) and C DLL libraries for 32 and 64-bit development