The LEADTOOLS Medical Web Viewer Framework enables programmers to quickly build secure, web-based medical image-viewer applications. This OEM-ready ASP.NET web framework leverages web services and powerful LEADTOOLS features including the Medical Workstation Viewer and 3D volume reconstruction for an unsurpassed user-experience for health care professionals.
Overview of LEADTOOLS Medical Web Viewer Framework SDK Technology
- Rich client viewer based on the Medical Workstation Viewer
- 3D reconstruction and visualization
- Thin-client image viewer for low-bandwidth clients and mobile devices including iPhone, iPad, Android and Windows Phone
- Options for low-memory usage while viewing large-studies
- Display images based on signed and unsigned data
- Separately control the image and series layouts
- Display multiple series and studies for comparison
- Cine playback of DICOM image series
- Patient orientation information, localization and reference lines
- WCF service classes connect client and server
- Client-side caching of downloaded image data for fast reloads and network traffic reduction
- Data encryption to secure private medical records
- Options to manage user authentication, groups and roles to control service access
- CAB File Generator to manage .NET security rights
- Source code included for easy customization and branding
Medical Web Viewer Framework Components
DICOM WCF Service Classes
The Medical Web Viewer WCF service classes provides the ability to query, retrieve and store DICOM and non-DICOM images. All interfaces are implemented as add-ins and include source code for easy customization.
The DICOM WCF service classes are comprised of four customizable add-ins:
- Query Service
- Store Service
- Object Retrieve Service
- User Management Service
ASP.NET Web Application
An ASP.NET application is provided with full source code that shows how to communicate with LEADTOOLS WCF service classes to query DICOM study and series information, retrieve and view series images, store DICOM objects and perform user-access control.
HTML Series Viewer
A light-weight, HTML based viewer is provided for fast series image viewing. This viewer can be used on any browser or mobile device including iPhone, iPad, Android and Windows Phone. An HTML5 version with window level support is also included.
Workstation Rich Viewer
The Workstation Rich Viewer is a high-end .NET UserControl that provides the functionality and features required by medical professionals, device manufacturers, research facilities and anyone that has a need to view, retrieve, store and analyze 2D and 3D DICOM images.