LEADTOOLS Multi-Resolution and Tiled Image (MRTI) technology provides tools to stream large images—up to 1TB—and associated image data stored on remote servers while using the least bandwidth possible. Especially well-suited to view large medical, geospatial, and very high-resolution camera images stored on remote servers, LEADTOOLS multi-resolution and tiled image technology is an API designed to store large images on the server-side, while transmitting image resolution, quality, and region of interest (ROI) as specified by the client. Clients may view stored images and do not need to download the entire file or decode the entire image.
Overview of LEADTOOLS Multi-Resolution and Tiled Image Technology
- Save memory resources with large images by only loading the portions displayed in the viewer
- Implement dynamic user interfaces that load the image as the user pans, scrolls, and zooms
- Use LEADTOOLS Multi-Resolution and Tiled Image technology, built into the HTML5 Medical Viewer, to display images up to 1TB over the web while still providing a great UX
- Transfers only the resolutions and tiles requested by the viewer
- Requested tiles are cached on the server for future reuse