Developers can use Optical Character Recognition to convert images into searchable and editable document formats, including PDF, PDF/A, DOC, XLS, Text, and XML in .NET (C# & VB), C/C++, WinRT, iOS, macOS, Java, and Web applications. LEADTOOLS OCR can output final documents for end-users and archival, or results can be used to direct application logic and business workflows.
OCR SDK Output Document Formats
LEADTOOLS leverages its flexible and modular design to use the Document Writers to save documents generated from OCR results.
- Adobe Acrobat PDF and PDF/A
- Microsoft Office DOC/DOCX and XLS
- HTML, RTF, MOBI, and ePUB
- Unicode Text, UTF8 Text, Plain Text, and more
OCR SDK Formats for Additional Processing
When final documents are not the goal, LEADTOOLS offers developers several options to access recognition result data. Programmers can parse the OCR results to populate databases, prompt the user for verification on low confidence words, execute field-based business workflow processes, or even create their own custom output format.
- High-level functions to quickly and easily retrieve recognized text of an area as a string
- Programmatically retrieve individual characters or words with detailed information such as zone, location, and confidence value
- Results can be exported to an XML file or stream providing maximum customization in OCR results workflow. The resulting XML document provides text results, confidence values, and metadata for pages, zones, paragraphs, lines, and words.