Developers can convert images into searchable and editable document formats including PDF, PDF/A, DOC, XLS, Text and XML in .NET (C# & VB), C/C++, WinRT, iOS, OS X, Java and Web applications. LEADTOOLS OCR can output final documents for end-users and archival or results may be used to direct application logic and business workflow.
Broad Array of OCR SDK Output Formats
Document Writers Output Formats for End-user Documents
LEADTOOLS leverages its flexible and modular design to use the Document Writers to save documents generated from OCR results.
- Adobe Acrobat PDF and PDF/A
- Microsoft Office DOC/DOCX and XLS
- HTML, RTF, MOBI and ePUB
- Unicode Text, UTF8 Text, Plain Text and more
OCR Formats for Processing Results
When final documents are not the goal, LEADTOOLS offers developers several options to access recognition result data. Programmers can parse the OCR results to populate databases, prompt the user for verification on low confidence words, execute field-based business workflow processes, or even create their own custom output format.
- High-level functions to quickly and easily retrieve recognized text of an area as a string.
- Programmatically retrieve individual words or characters and detailed information such as zone, location and confidence value.
- Export results to an XML file or stream for maximum customization in OCR results workflow. The XML document contains all result information and metadata for pages, zones, paragraphs, lines, words and confidence values.