Changes from Version 16.5 to Version 17
Version 17 has changed from Version 16.5 as follows:
- LEADTOOLS Multimedia now has .NET interfaces for the Play, Convert, and Capture controls.
- LEADTOOLS Multimedia now supports digital HDTV Capture devices. These new capture devices often support 1080p and 1080i resolutions, but other resolutions might also be available.
- The UDP source filter now supports raw RTP streams (with H264, JPEG and uncompressed support).
- The LEAD H.263 Encoder now has a new API level, H263_APILEVEL_2, which changes the default key frame interval settings.
- You can now stream data from RTSP servers using the new LEAD MPEG-2 Transport RTSP Source Filter.
- The LEAD H.264 Encoder can now generate RTP streams.
- The LEAD H.264 Encoder can now output streams that are playable by Tandberg Video Conference devices.
- The LEAD FLV Demultiplexer now supports FLV files with H.264 and AAC compression.
- The LEAD FLV Multiplexer now supports FLV files with H.264 and AAC compression.
- LEAD MPEG2 Transport Multiplexer can now generate files compatible with broadcast systems.
- The LEAD MPEG2 Transport Multiplexer can now generate files with synchronous metadata conforming with MISB Standard 0604.1
- The LEAD MPEG2 Transport Multiplexer can now generate streams compatible with Wowza Media Server.
- The LEAD MPEG2 Transport Demultiplexer can now handle streams with synchronous metadata conforming with MISB Standard 0604.1.
- You can now pass AC3 and AAC surround sound signal to an external decoder using the LEAD Audio SPDIF Passthru filter.
- You can now read and write MXF files.
- You can now read and write Matroska (MKV) and WebM files.
- You can now monitor the performance of the LEAD MPEG2 Transport UDP Sink filter through the ILMUDPSnk interface.
- You can now choose between live playback and smooth playback in the LEAD Network Demultiplexer filter through the ILMNetDmx interface.
- You can now convert DVDs with subtitles on Vista and Windows 7 using the LEAD Video Subpicture Mixer.
- You can now enable and disable any filter; changing and retrieving filter merit through the ltmmFilterEnum interface.
- You can now set a preferred Video Decompressor, Audio Decompressor and Demultiplexer using the ltmmConvert and ltmmPlay objects.
- You can now stabilize shaky video using the new LEAD Video Stabilizer filter.
- You can now manage extra DVD and video file metadata using the new LEAD Meta Info Object.
- The LEAD MPEG2 Transport UDP Sink can now add RTP packets to MPEG2 transport streams sent to UDP ports.
- You can now save Closed Captioning data as SubRip (SRT) or TEXT files.
- You can now play and convert those Quicktime or MP4 files which have video streams that use RLE compression.
- You can now push data to a Windows Media server using the new LEAD MMS Sink filter.
- You can speed up the save of ISO/MP4 files using the Fast Save option in the LEAD ISO Multiplexer.
- Changing channels and starting capture for HD capture devices is now faster.