LEADTOOLS provides developers JPIP (JPEG 2000 Interactive Protocol) libraries to stream large images and associated image data stored on remote servers while using the least bandwidth possible.
Especially well-suited to view large medical, geospatial, and very-high-resolution camera images stored on remote servers, LEADTOOLS JPIP SDK technology is an SDK implementation of the JPEG 2000, part 9 standard (ISO/IEC 15444-9) and includes meta-data and codestream elements. The JPIP client/server architecture is designed to store large, compressed JPEG 2000 images on the server, while transmitting image resolution, quality, and region of interest (ROI) as specified by the client. Clients can view stored images without needing to download the entire file and decode the entire image codestream. LEADTOOLS JPIP server and client components empower developers to provide several options to efficiently and effectively stream and decode images.
LEADTOOLS JPIP SDK technology is comprised of high-level components that developers can easily plug into enterprise client/server applications to immediately start streaming high-resolution images—even over low-bandwidth connections.
Overview of LEADTOOLS JPIP Client and Server SDK Technology
- Optimize network efficiency through progressive image transmission and elimination of redundant data transmission
- Provide a better UX with progressive image decoding, tiles, and components to display images as quickly as possible
- A great solution for lossless, high-resolution medical and geospatial images
- Server libraries can store images as JPEG 2000 codestreams and multiple file formats such as J2K, JP2, and JPX
- Source code for client and server demonstration applications is provided
- Stream via HTTP V1.1
JPIP Server Component
- Fine control over the allocated server, total server, and per connection bandwidth as well as data chunk size
- Control server resource usage through limiting the maximum number of connections and each connection's lifetime
- Balance the load across multiple servers
- Accept client parameters to provide an interactive experience
- Stream JPX metadata boxes with multiple partitioning options
- Define aliases for image folders to host on web servers as virtual directories
- Write and filter server event logs to file or any custom data storage
JPIP Client Component
- Progressively decode higher resolutions as needed
- Viewer control provides interactive request, decode, and display region of interest
- Caches image data and information to eliminate redundant requests which provides faster, more efficient viewing
- Set data chunk size for each request