LEADTOOLS provides extensive support for DICOM WADO, including WADO-URI, WADO-WS, and DICOMweb (RESTful DICOM Services). Developers can use the API to directly access patient/study related data stored in third-party PACS or expose PACS data to direct third-party access using the DICOM defined HTTP protocol standard, including DICOM data storage (STOW-RS) over the web.
In addition, LEADTOOLS includes DICOMweb support for the LEADTOOLS high-level PACS Framework. This enables third-party systems to directly query (QIDO-RS), retrieve (WADO-RS), and store (STOW-RS) DICOM objects over the web to its DICOM storage system using DICOM WADO protocol from anywhere, thereby removing the domain boundary limitation.
DICOMweb and WADO services serve many uses in modern health care applications and workflows. These services enable many benefits for interconnected systems such as referencing images or reports from electronic patient records (EPR) and emails, providing outside access to DICOM images and metadata, and enhancing security through anonymization.
Overview of LEADTOOLS DICOMweb and WADO SDK Technology
- Access DICOM persistent objects (through HTTP/HTTPS protocol) using DICOM UIDs (Unique Identifiers)
- Retrieve data in presentation-ready form such as JPEG and GIF (according to PS3.18 2017b) or native DICOM format
- ASP.NET source code and examples are included for easy customization
DICOMweb and WADO services are solutions to real-world problems such as:
- Reference an image or report from an electronic patient record (EPR)
- Reference an image in an email
- Provide access of images, reports, and waveforms to outside physicians and hospitals
- Provide anonymized DICOM reports, images, and waveforms for teaching and clinical trials