The LEADTOOLS High-level PACS Framework builds upon the LEADTOOLS DICOM Communications classes with high-level client (SCU) and server (SCP) class implementations. These classes encapsulate LEAD's years of medical-imaging development experience and provide an extensible, programmer-friendly framework for rapid application and system development.
Overview of High-level PACS Framework SDK Technology
The LEADTOOLS High-level PACS Framework removes the need to know the internal workings of DICOM communications. Because the framework handles all of the low-level communications, developers are free to devote more time to user interface and business logic. Additionally, these classes are built upon the foundation of LEAD's low-level DICOM communications layer, so they provide the power and flexibility to handle any situation.
DICOM PACS Client
The LEADTOOLS High-level PACS Framework provides classes to do common operations including C-ECHO, C-FIND, C-STORE, C-MOVE, and C-GET. The framework internally handles all of the low-level DICOM communications such as connection, association, and message handling.
DICOM PACS Server
With the service-based architecture of the LEADTOOLS High-level PACS Framework, developing a PACS server that hosts SCPs can be done with minimal time and code. Multiple SCPs can be hosted on the same server running as individual Windows services, which provides isolation and security. Each framework service class handles all of the low-level communication, freeing the developer to implement enterprise-specific logic for services such as C-ECHO, C-FIND, C-STORE, C-MOVE, and C-GET. Developers can even further divide the framework service add-ins by SOP class and transfer syntax for more flexibility to implement specific business logic. For example, the add-ins may be segmented to store CT and MR images into different databases. The LEADTOOLS PACS Imaging SDK includes fully functional sample add-in implementations for security, C-FIND, C-STORE, C-MOVE, MWL, and Storage Commit.
DICOM PACS High-level Framework Add-ins
The following is a list of framework add-ins included with the LEADTOOLS High-level PACS Framework. These framework add-ins can be used as-is or modified to meet the specific needs of any system. Additionally, developers can create completely new custom add-ins.
Standard DICOM and PACS Service Add-ins
- MWL - Modality Worklist
- MPPS - Modality Performed Procedure Step
- Storage Commit
- Media Creation Management
Advanced User Experience and Productivity Add-ins
- Auto-copy - automatically route retrieved incoming DICOM image data to any number of PACS servers
- Logging - uniformly log all DICOM services to a central database
- Gateway - configure multiple Storage Servers from different locations into one query source
- Patient Updater - seamlessly modify existing patient and study information
- Rule Script Editor - customizable scripting interface to perform user-defined actions upon any number of events and incoming requests
- Task Forwarding - archive received images immediately or on a schedule
- HL7 MWL Add-in - Listens for incoming MWL HL7 pipe messages and forwards them as DICOM messages to be processed by the Modality Worklist Add-in
- HL7 PatientUpdate Add-in - Listens for incoming patient update HL7 pipe messages and forwards them as DICOM messages to PatientUpdater Add-in
- Atmos External Store Add-in - Create, retrieve, update, and delete DICOM data on EMC Atmos Cloud Storage
- Azure External Store Add-in - Create, retrieve, update, and delete DICOM data on Microsoft Azure Cloud Storage