Overview of LEADTOOLS Driver's License Recognition and Processing SDK Technology
Find and extract text, numeric, and date information from any driver's license or identification card:
- ID Number
- Organ donor election
- Date of Birth
- Issuing Date
- Expiration Date
- Provides demo implementation to recognize and process unstructured ID cards (i.e., unstructured forms). No template is required
Finds fields with common headers such as name, address, date of birth, issuing date, expiration date, and ID number,
even when the ID does not match any template
Includes master templates for all fifty states in the US and Washington DC: templates are easily customizable to support any country, state, or agency with standardized identification cards
- Process, read, and write PDF417 barcodes adhering to the AAMVA specification
- Recognize and extract driver's license fields regardless of image resolution, scale, and other image generation characteristics
- Advanced scanned image alignment algorithm compensates for non-linear deformations introduced by different scanners, printers, and resolutions
- World-class accuracy and speed
- Unique color and bitonal image recognition for scanned documents and pictures
- Automatic detection and correction of driver's license orientation and skew angle
- Utilize camera preview on phones and tablets for real-time driver's license recognition and processing
- Enhance recognition accuracy with powerful document cleanup and preprocessing
- Use regular expressions to find and validate text
Comprehensive confidence reporting for each driver's license field type:
- Character location, size, and baseline
- Character attributes (end of word, end of line, end of paragraph, etc.)
- Font properties (monospace, proportional, serif, sans-serif, bold, italic, underline, strikethrough)
- Confidence values
- Load and save master template identification information as XML for simplified storage and editing
- Utilize LEADTOOLS Fast Twain to rapidly scan driving licenses and ID cards
- Demos with source code provide complete implementation for live capture, recognition, and processing of ID cards
- Native 32 and 64-bit driver's license recognition and processing binaries
Technology Related to Driver's License Recognition and Processing
Start Coding with LEADTOOLS
Download the Full Evaluation
The Full Evaluation Download includes all LEADTOOLS Document, Medical, Imaging, and Vector technologies for all development and target platforms.
Get everything LEADTOOLS all in one convenient download.
Download Projects using NuGet
LEADTOOLS provides NuGet packages for .NET Framework, .NET Core, UWP, and Xamarin development.
Download projects that reference our NuGets and start coding right away.
Supported Development Platforms for Driver's License Recognition and Processing
Code Tips That use Driver's License Recognition and Processing
Documentation Links for Driver's License Recognition and Processing
White Papers Written About Driver's License Recognition and Processing
A wide variety of businesses are embracing technology as a means to enhance the way customers provide their information on the front-end of the customer service process. Upon arrival at the doctor's office, car dealership, gym, or even a restaurant, customers might be handed a tablet or directed to a kiosk to check in. This is an exciting change for device manufacturers and software developers, but does it always translate to better customer service? An ideal solution would rapidly capture information from a document or form of ID customers already have on them such as a driver's license. This white paper will explore how programmers can use LEADTOOLS Driver's License Recognition or Barcode Recognition to extract identifying information from driver's licenses.
Screenshots of Driver's License Recognition and Processing
Driver's License Recognition
LEADTOOLS SDK Products that Include Driver's License Recognition and Processing
The LEADTOOLS Recognition Imaging SDK is a handpicked collection of LEADTOOLS SDK features designed to build end-to-end document imaging applications within enterprise-level document automation solutions that require OCR, MICR, OMR, barcode, forms recognition and processing, PDF, print capture, archival, annotation, and image viewing functionality. This powerful set of tools utilizes LEAD's award-winning image processing technology to intelligently identify document features that can be used to recognize and extract data from any type of scanned or faxed form image.
The LEADTOOLS Document Imaging Suite SDK is a comprehensive collection of LEADTOOLS SDK features designed to build end-to-end document imaging solutions that require OCR, MICR, OMR, ICR, barcode, forms recognition and processing, PDF, HTML5 Zero-footprint viewing, conversion, print, capture, archival, annotation, and image viewing functionality. This powerful set of tools utilizes LEAD's award-winning image processing technology to intelligently identify document features that can be used to recognize and extract data from any type of scanned or faxed form image.