File Metadata SDK Libraries
With LEADTOOLS, developers can load, save, and modify metadata for several different image and document formats such as JPEG, JPEG 2000, PNG, TIFF, PDF, DICOM, and more. Developers creating .NET (C#, VB, Core, Xamarin, UWP), C, C++, iOS, macOS, Linux, Java, and web applications can use LEADTOOLS to work with both standardized metadata types as well as custom metadata elements without wasting processor power on decompressing and recompressing image data.
"Metadata" refers to extra information that is stored within a file that may not be necessary for decoding the data. Metadata comes in the form of markers, tags, and comments, and typically contains information such as the manufacturer and model of the device used to capture the image, author, date and time of creation, and location that the image was captured.
File Metadata Libraries
The LEADTOOLS libraries completely support image file metadata such as tags and comments.
- Read, write, and modify standard metadata types such as EXIF, XMP, GeoTIFF, and IPTC
- Read, write, and modify custom metadata elements
- Read and write file stamps or thumbnails
- Read or write a specific tag or comment by ID
- Read all tags and comments found in a file without loading the image
- Write, delete, and update comments or tags in a file without loading the image
- Automatically load and save all the tags and comments when the file is loaded or saved
- Determine if a format supports metadata
Easy to Integrate
LEADTOOLS handles the heavy lifting — eliminating months of R&D, while giving you the best quality and performance available. You'll be free to focus on other components of your application. Download the LEADTOOLS evaluation to streamline your development.
File Metadata SDK Platforms and Programming Interfaces
Projects that use LEADTOOLS File Metadata libraries can be deployed to web browsers, Windows, macOS, iOS, Android, and Linux devices.
File Metadata SDK libraries are available for
Start Coding With LEADTOOLS File Metadata
File Metadata libraries for Windows, Linux, and macOS as well as all LEADTOOLS Recognition, Document, Medical, Vector, and Imaging technologies for all development and target platforms.