The LEAD MPEG-2 Encoder and LEAD MPEG-2 Decoder provides everything needed to compress and decompress MPEG-2 videos in .NET (C# & VB) and C/C++ applications. The codecs support several levels (source formats) that range from Limited Definition (VCR quality) to full HDTV. In addition, the LEAD MPEG-2 codecs support several different profiles, which offer different sets of compression tools that make up the coding system.
Overview of LEADTOOLS MPEG-2 Video Codec Technology
- Full support of MPEG-2 compressed video data that adheres to the ISO/IEC 13818-2 standard
- Easily create and play 1080p and 720p HD video
- Highly optimized to take advantage of multiple threads on multi-core machines
- MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 output stream
- Fixed and variable bit rate compression options with a wide range of quality factors
- Low, main, and high profile implementations
- Preset compression options for DICOM, VCD, SVCD, and DVD formats
- Create high resolution (720p/1080p) DICOM-compatible files with MPEG-2 compression
- Inter-prediction accuracy of 1/2 pixel
- Frame-rate adjustment
- .NET (C# & VB) and C DLL libraries for 32 and 64-bit development
What is MPEG-2?
MPEG-2 is a high quality video compression and is primarily targeted for applications that require higher bit rates or high bandwidth usage, most commonly DVD videos, Super VCD (SVCD), box top DVRs and digital television.