Overview of LEADTOOLS IIS Smooth Streaming SDK Technology
- Full support to stream any multimedia file, capture device, ONVIF-conformant camera, UDP, and RTSP stream to clients using a Silverlight video player
- Create video-on-demand applications that adjust quality in real time for uninterrupted experience
- Stream high-quality videos at Full HD 1080p resolution
- Push IIS Smooth Streaming content to IIS Media Server, without using the Windows Media Expression Encoder utility
- Read and Write IIS Smooth Streaming for Silverlight clients
- Supports direct Microsoft Smooth Streaming manifests for dynamic bit rate changes during streaming
- Create applications to stream TV content from a server and remotely control the TV
- Broadcast audio/video content compressed with LEAD's industry-leading compression technology
- Includes .NET (C# & VB) and C DLL libraries for 32 and 64-bit development
Technology Related to IIS Smooth Streaming
Start Coding with LEADTOOLS
Download the Full Evaluation
The Full Evaluation Download includes all LEADTOOLS Document, Medical, Imaging, and Vector technologies for all development and target platforms.
Get everything LEADTOOLS all in one convenient download.
Documentation Links for IIS Smooth Streaming
White Papers Written About IIS Smooth Streaming
Clients have high expectations for video streaming playback, and the responsibility of a positive user experience is almost completely in the server's court. Even in the case of a poor or fluctuating connection, clients expect to have continuous playback without stuttering or long buffering pauses. Furthermore, viewers expect to watch the same video on all of their devices. This is no small order for content providers. Thankfully, developers and server administrators can use the LEADTOOLS Media Streaming Server SDK to quickly and easily build professional audio/video multimedia streaming applications for playback on any device at a fraction of the cost of other proprietary methods.
Demo Applications that Include IIS Smooth Streaming
Demonstrates LEADTOOLS Media Streaming Server technology. With only one file placed on the server, it will stream to any device by automatically selecting the appropriate protocol (Universal Player). Or you may manually select a player for each of the supported protocols:
- Adobe Flash RTMP
- Apple HTTP Live Streaming (HLS)
- HTML5 Video
- Microsoft Smooth Streaming (SSF)
- Adobe HTTP Dynamic Streaming (HDS)
Videos of IIS Smooth Streaming
Media Streaming Server
In this video, we will highlight the LEADTOOLS Media Streaming Server SDK. We will first introduce the LEADTOOLS Media Streaming Server, then we will show how the Media Streaming Server can stream one file to multiple devices and client types.
LEADTOOLS SDK Products that Include IIS Smooth Streaming
The LEADTOOLS Multimedia Suite SDK is a comprehensive collection of multimedia development technology that provides developers with everything they need to create enterprise-level multimedia applications for a wide variety of industries, including defense, broadcast, security, and more. By bundling features from the Multimedia SDK, DVD Module, Streaming Module, MPEG-2 Transport Module, Imaging Pro SDK, and Distributed Computing SDK, Multimedia Suite offers a tremendous value for the world-class technology it provides.
The LEADTOOLS Streaming Module is perfect for developers who need to stream audio and video over the Internet or corporate networks for a wide variety of applications. This module adds on to the LEADTOOLS Multimedia SDK and includes the Media Streaming Server, a high-level framework for implementing professional multimedia streaming servers that can stream any file to any device. The Streaming Module also provides a programmer-friendly set of peer-to-peer tools for creating video conferencing and security/surveillance applications. In addition to the SDK features, the Streaming Module bundles together several of LEAD's world-class audio and video codecs that will lower costs and improve user experience through reduced bandwidth requirements and high-quality playback.
The LEADTOOLS MPEG-2 Transport Module adds advanced MPEG-2 Transport and MPEG-2 Program streaming, playback, capture, and conversion capabilities to the LEADTOOLS Multimedia SDK. Developers can utilize robust UDP and TCP streaming with DVR and KLV metadata to create a wide spectrum of applications, including security systems, HDTV playback, and UAV ground stations.