The LEADTOOLS H.265 Codec is a state-of-the-art DirectShow filter and Media Foundation Transform for compressing and decompressing video data using H.265/HEVC standard (ISO/IEC 23008-2). H.265 is a successor to H.264 and is the latest and most advanced video standard developed jointly by VCEG and MPEG.
H.265 is a major leap forward in video compression technology as it achieves double the compression ratios of H.264. It also supports much higher video resolutions, including Ultra-high-definition (UHD) 4K and 8K.
Overview of the LEADTOOLS H.265 Codec Technology
- Encode, Decode, and Transcode H.265 video streams
- Supports Ultra-high-definition (UHD) 4K and 8K videos
- Compress videos at twice the ratio of H.264
Two playback and conversion modes for fine-tuning performance and network bandwidth
- Fixed quality
- Fixed bit rate
Decode and/or encode with hardware acceleration for optimal speed
- NVIDIA CUDA (NVENC & NVCUVENC)
- Intel QuickSync (6th generation and later Intel Processors)
- Highly optimized to take advantage of multiple threads on multi-core machines
- Encode H.265 videos using both CUDA asynchronous and synchronous modes
- Decode high-quality bit streams including 30 bit (10 bits per channel) videos
- Control the number and types of frames encoded into the video stream
- Includes .NET (C# & VB) and C DLL libraries for 32 and 64-bit development
What is H.265?
H.265 is a high quality video compression algorithm and is suited for all types of applications with different ranges of bit rates. In addition to MP4 files, H.265 compressed video data can be stored inside AVI, MKV, OGG, MPEG-2 Program, and MPEG2 Transport Stream files with the option of saving the file with or without the audio data. The technology is also known as HEVC (High Efficiency Video Coding) or MPEG-H Part 2 (ISO/IEC 23008-2).