Multimedia Capture SDK Libraries
LEADTOOLS provides audio and video capture functionality to .NET (C# & VB) and C/C++ programmers developing applications leveraging DirectShow and Media Foundation. LEADTOOLS provides all the necessary tools to capture from many different types of live sources, including network cameras, web cams, capture cards, TV tuners, DV cameras, and more.
Multimedia Capture Formats
Capture any file or stream supported by the DirectShow or Media Foundation Frameworks, including:
- DICOM (uncompressed, Lossy JPEG, Lossless JPEG, Lossy JPEG2000, Lossless JPEG2000, MPEG-2 SD, MPEG-2 HD)
- DVR file types (.LBL .LRC)
- Flash version 6 (FLV)
- Flash version 9 (F4V/MP4)
- ISO Base Media File Format (MP4, AAC, AVC)
- Matroska (MKV)
- MPEG2 Program
- MPEG2 Transport
- Still Images
- Windows Media Formats (WMA, WMV)
- SRT (Secondary format for subtitles as text and timing data extracted from a video stream)
DirectShow and Media Foundation Multiplexers and Sinks
Using the DVR SDK, developers can create DVR applications and security systems capable of pausing, rewinding, and fast-forwarding DirectShow and Media Foundation live sources, including web cams, TV tuners, and network streams.
Digital Video Devices
LEADTOOLS offers multiple comprehensive capture options for DV devices. The DV capture component captures video data without the need to split the audio and video streams. This results in a much faster process with fewer dropped frames. On top of this, other features such as downloading, editing, and saving to DV devices file systems are provided by LEADTOOLS.
Capture Videos of the Screen
The LEAD Screen Capture Filter delivers a video stream captured from the screen. This filter can capture from the full screen of one or multiple monitors, a window, or a region. Many options are provided for flexibility and convenience.
Capture from a TV Tuner
The TVTuner Object provides methods and properties to control TV tuner devices, supporting tuners for analog broadcast television and AM/FM radio. This object can be assigned to a LEAD Capture control to capture the streams from the TV Tuner.
Easy to Integrate
LEADTOOLS handles the heavy lifting — eliminating months of R&D, while giving you the best quality and performance available. This leaves you free to focus on other components of your application. Download the evaluation and start coding to get an idea of how much more streamlined your development will be using LEADTOOLS.
Start Coding With LEADTOOLS Multimedia Capture
Multimedia libraries for Windows development in C, C++, C#, and VB.NET targeting DirectShow and Media Foundation frameworks.
- DirectShow Multimedia Capture Documentation for .NET
- Media Foundation Multimedia Capture Documentation for .NET
- DirectShow Multimedia Capture Tutorials for .NET
- Media Foundation Multimedia Capture Tutorials for .NET
- DirectShow Multimedia Capture Documentation for C/C++
- Media Foundation Multimedia Capture Documentation for C/C++
- Multimedia Tutorials for .NET and C/C++