LEADTOOLS Multimedia Capture SDK
LEADTOOLS Multimedia SDKs provide developers with all the tools they need to create powerful applications capable of capturing from many different types of live sources including network cameras, web cams, capture cards, tv tuners and dv cameras.
Overview of LEADTOOLS Capture SDK Technology
- Capture from any DirectShow, Media Foundation or WDM compliant device including capture cards, webcams, and TV tuners
- Capture from HD digital tuners
- Capture in real time directly to file, memory, or create live streams for the Internet
- Output the capture stream to any DirectShow or Media Foundation supported format including AVI, FLV, WMV, WMA, OGG, DVSD OGG, WAVE, MPEG-1 Audio (MP3), MPEG-1 System, MPEG-2 (Program and Transport), ISO, MP4, MPEG-2 DICOM, DVD, Network formats, or a series of still images
- Flicker free video preview with zoom
- Programmatic control of tv tuner functions including input, format, and channel
- Select the desired input such as TV Tuner, S-Video or composite video from multi-input capture devices
- Live preview with configurable video renderer
- Enumerate and set capture device settings including resolution, frame rate, color space, format, brightness, contrast, zoom, and pan
- Full integration with LEADTOOLS DVR SDK technology to pause, rewind, and fast forward live captures.
- Use a variety of audio sources including onboard, USB and web cam integrated
- Join multiple audio streams using LEAD's Audio Mixer Filter
- Closed captioning support
- Real time capture statistics including number of frames captured and dropped
- Supports DirectShow and Media Foundation video and audio processing filters and transforms to customize the capture
- Capture in several modes including video only, audio only, and audio and video
- Capture audio and video from DV devices without splitting the audio and video data, resulting in faster capture and fewer dropped frames
- Programmatically control DV devices functionality such as play, pause, rewind, fast forward, record and seek based on time codes
- Enumerate and select all available audio and video devices programmatically
- Load and save video to DV devices to download, edit, and save back the video to the device
- Includes C DLL and .NET (C# & VB) for 32 and 64-bit development
A few examples of applications that take advantage of the above functionality:
- Create applications to stream TV content from a server and control the TV tuner remotely.
- Create applications to remotely display and record MPEG2 Transport streams from UAV’s.
- Create PC based security applications including functionality to record video when movement is detected (LEAD Motion Detection Filter) or record audio when a noise is detected (LEAD Audio Detection Filter). Using LEAD's streaming technology, security cameras can be monitored remotely.
- Create an ATM video capturing system. Start recording when a person approaches the ATM kiosk and stop when the person leaves using the LEAD Motion Detection Filter.
- Create video conferencing and text messaging applications that capture live video from a camera and stream to connected clients.
- Create software to stream audio and video hosting servers and sites.
- Create software that accepts feeds from digital video cams for online live video streaming.
- Create DVR applications to pause rewind, and fast forward live streams.
- Create applications to edit images and videos, and burn the results to video or data DVD.
Other LEADTOOLS SDK Technologies Related to Multimedia Capture
- LEADTOOLS DirectShow Filters
- LEADTOOLS Media Foundation Transforms
- LEADTOOLS Audio and Video Codecs
- LEADTOOLS DVR
LEADTOOLS SDK Products that Include Multimedia Capture SDK Technology
Hover over each for information. Click to go to more details.
LEADTOOLS Multimedia SDK products are specifically designed for the development of audio/video applications across a wide variety of industries including defense, broadcast and security. The SDK offers a full range of technologies to developers and turns normally complex DirectShow & Media Foundation projects into simple tasks. Easily integrate core multimedia functionality such as capture, conversion, streaming and playback into applications with optional processing filters. These filters can be applied at any point of the workflow.
The Multimedia Suite SDK is a comprehensive collection of multimedia development technology from LEAD Technologies. By bundling features from the Multimedia SDK, DVD Module, Video Streaming Module, MPEG-2 Transport Module, Imaging Pro SDK and Distributed Computing SDK, the Multimedia Suite provides everything a developer needs to create enterprise level multimedia applications for a wide variety of industries including defense, broadcast, security and more.
The LEADTOOLS Medical Multimedia Module includes the LEADTOOLS Multimedia SDK and a collection of state-of-the-art DirectShow filters and Media Foundation Transforms for compressing and decompressing video and audio data within DICOM files. This feature-rich product is designed to eliminate the complexity from converting cine images and video streams to DICOM objects including X-ray Angiography (XA), Ultrasound (US), Visible Light (VL), Secondary Capture (SC) and much more. The LEADTOOLS Medical Multimedia Module utilizes the most advanced compression algorithms used in the industry and approved by the DICOM standard including MPEG-2, HD MPEG-2, Motion JPEG and Motion JPEG 2000.