LEADTOOLS Multimedia Capture SDK
With LEADTOOLS, developers can add audio and video capture functionality into their .NET (C# & VB) and C/C++ applications for DirectShow and Media Foundation. LEADTOOLS provides all the necessary tools for capturing from many different types of live sources including network cameras, web cams, capture cards, TV tuners, DV cameras and more.
Overview of LEADTOOLS Capture SDK Technology
- Capture from any DirectShow, Media Foundation or WDM compliant device including
- Network cameras
- Capture cards
- HDTV tuners
- DV cameras
- Enumerate and select all available audio and video devices programmatically
- Capture in real time directly to file, memory, still images or create live streams for the Internet
- Output the capture stream to any format using any DirectShow or Media Foundation codec
- Full integration with LEADTOOLS DVR SDK technology to pause, rewind and fast-forward live captures
- Flicker-free video preview with zoom and configurable video renderer
- Real-time capture statistics including number of frames captured and dropped
- Enumerate and set capture device settings including resolution, frame rate, color space, format, brightness, contrast, zoom and pan
- Programmatic control of tv tuner functions including input, format and channel
- Select the desired input such as TV Tuner, S-Video or composite video from multi-input capture devices
- Closed captioning support
- Join multiple audio streams using LEAD's Audio Mixer Filter
- Apply DirectShow or Media Foundation audio and video processing filters and Transforms during capture
- Comprehensive capture functionality for DV devices
- Capture without splitting the audio and video data, resulting in faster capture and fewer dropped frames
- Programmatically control DV device functionality such as play, pause, rewind, fast forward, record and seek based on time codes
- Download, edit and save video to DV devices file system
- Includes .NET (C# & VB) and C DLL libraries for 32 and 64-bit development
Other LEADTOOLS SDK Technologies Related to Multimedia Capture
LEADTOOLS SDK Products that Include Multimedia Capture SDK Technology
Hover over each product for a description. Click for more details.
LEADTOOLS Multimedia SDK is specifically designed for the development of audio/video applications across a wide variety of industries including defense, broadcast and security. The SDK offers a full range of technologies to developers and turns normally complex DirectShow & Media Foundation projects into simple tasks. Integrating core multimedia functionality such as playback, capture, conversion and processing into applications is easier than ever before with LEADTOOLS Multimedia.
The LEADTOOLS Multimedia Suite SDK is a comprehensive collection of multimedia development technology that provides developers with everything they need to create enterprise-level multimedia applications for a wide variety of industries including defense, broadcast, security and more. By bundling features from the Multimedia SDK, DVD Module, Video Streaming Module, MPEG-2 Transport Module, Imaging Pro SDK and Distributed Computing SDK, Multimedia Suite offers a tremendous value for the world-class technology it includes.
The LEADTOOLS Medical Multimedia Module includes the LEADTOOLS Multimedia SDK and a collection of state-of-the-art DirectShow filters and Media Foundation Transforms for compressing and decompressing video and audio data within DICOM files. This feature-rich product is designed to eliminate the complexity from converting cine images and video streams to DICOM objects including X-ray Angiography (XA), Ultrasound (US), Visible Light (VL), Secondary Capture (SC) and much more. The LEADTOOLS Medical Multimedia Module utilizes the most advanced compression algorithms used in the industry and approved by the DICOM standard including MPEG-2, HD MPEG-2, Motion JPEG and Motion JPEG 2000.