Custom Development Services for SDK Enhancements, Compiler/OS Ports, and Custom Application Development
To complement LEAD's award-winning development tools and imaging utilities, we offer professional development services. LEAD's development staff has more than 200 years of combined experience in digital imaging and software development. By engaging our imaging experts, you can save countless hours of R&D and coding time, not to mention leverage LEAD's extensive experience in the field of digital imaging and programming. Not only can you get to market quicker, your product will have the quality and performance the market demands.
- Development Services Offered By LEAD
- LEAD's Approach to Professional Services
- Alternatives to Professional Development Services
- Request for Quotation Submission Form
LEAD offers professional development services in the following categories:
- Modification/Enhancement of existing toolkit features - If our award winning development products do not satisfy your specific requirements, LEAD can build a toolkit to meet your specific imaging needs by modifying existing functions or developing entirely new functions. For example, we can add support for a currently unsupported file format or compression type, or we can expand the support for a currently supported file format or compression type.
- Special Builds - LEAD can create a special build of an existing product, if our current architecture does not meet your development or deployment objectives. For example, we might be able to create a "light-weight" library for your use within your application.
- Toolkit Porting - LEAD can provide partial ports of LEADTOOLS for use with a currently unsupported compiler/development environment, processor architecture, and/or operating system. For example, we can develop a library compatible for use on a Unix machine or a Windows Phone device.
- Turnkey Application Development - Perhaps you don't have the time, resources or expertise to implement a particular imaging-enabled application. LEAD can develop your application for you from start to finish and even help you with the design and specification.
LEAD's primary business is developing LEADTOOLS, our line of software development toolkits and imaging utilities. We offer professional development services to compliment our product line and as a means to provide superior service to our customers.
LEAD is NOT a "custom development shop" or "programmer for hire" business. If you are looking for low-cost development options based on fixed hourly rates or a consulting relationship, it is likely that our professional services will not be of interest to you.
The following guidelines will assist you in determining whether to spend the time to submit an RFQ:
The minimum development project cost is $10,000. Except in very limited circumstances involving a substantial licensing opportunity, we will not accept a custom development project, however small, for less than the minimum project cost. Since we do not maintain a staff of contract programmers, any project we take on will have an impact on our product development schedule. Our minimum fee reflects the opportunity costs associated with diverting resources from our product schedule to a custom development project.
Pricing for a development project will be based on a number of factors, including:
The experience level of the LEAD developer who will be assigned to the project.
Naturally, a senior programmer is going to cost more than a junior programmer. In addition, a senior level programmer will be more likely to have a full schedule for the foreseeable future, therefore it is more costly to reallocate his or her time.
Your delivery schedule requirements.
If your schedule is flexible, it may well have a positive (in your favor) impact on the development cost.
The assigned developer's current work schedule.
If the project will involve a programmer that is currently working on a crucial piece of a future product release, a premium will be required to move the programmer off of the product schedule. The more senior the programmer, the more likely it is that the programmer will be working on a crucial, time sensitive LEADTOOLS project.
The reusability of the development work.
If LEAD believes the requested development work will be a substantial enhancement to our product with wide appeal, it can have a positive (in your favor) impact on the development cost. We will also be more likely to reallocate our engineering resources to accommodate the request. On the other hand, if the modification is of little use to our customer base, we will take this into account in our quotation process.
Is there a licensing opportunity?
If we are modifying a royalty bearing product and you are forecasting a substantial rollout, we will take this into account in the development fee quotation.
Do you have an exclusivity requirement?
If you are requesting that we do not re-license the modification or enhancement to other customers, a premium will be required.
The actual cost of the work in terms of man hours and any other expenses such as hardware, third-party software, and travel are relevant.
Naturally, we will take into account these customary factors in the quotation process.
We recognize that our approach to professional development services may not meet each prospect's objectives. If you have a project that is outside the scope of the professional services that we provide, or if your budget does not permit you to engage LEAD as developer, you may wish to consider the following options:
- Submit a feature request. Feature requests are a means for LEADTOOLS customers to make difference in the LEADTOOLS product line. Most of the new features added to LEADTOOLS are based on customer requests. We are unable to commit that every feature request will be included future versions. However, if your request has broad appeal, there is a reasonable chance we will eventually add it to LEADTOOLS. Feature requests can be made by submitting this form
- Technical Support. LEAD offers a variety of technical support options. If you are stuck in your development project, our support group might be able to provide some suggestions.
Having completely read LEAD's approach to Profession Development Services, you are now ready to submit a Request for Quotation:Submit Request for Quotation Submission Form