LEADTOOLS includes imaging and recognition functionality in the form of WCF Service Classes that can be accessed via several protocols including HTTP, TCP, IPC, and MSMQ. WCF Service Classes are extremely versatile and can be hosted in several different ways to best suit your application design. They may be hosted in IIS, Windows Process Activation Service (WAS), or any .NET (C# & VB) managed application process including console, WinForms, WPF, Silverlight, and Windows Service applications.
Using WCF allows developers to access the LEADTOOLS SDK in a platform-independent manner. Clients written in .NET (C# & VB), Silverlight, or Java running on Windows, Mac, Linux, or mobile devices such as iPhone, iPad, and Android can take full advantage of the imaging features provided by LEADTOOLS.
Overview of LEADTOOLS Imaging WCF Service Classes
- Extend advanced imaging technology to any platform that supports WCF including WinForms, WPF, Windows Services, Java, Silverlight, and more
- WCF Service Classes to load, save, and convert images
- WCF Service Classes for image processing
- WCF Service Classes to improve readability and recognition of document images
- WCF Service Classes to extract text from images with OCR
- WCF Service Classes to detect, read, and write barcodes in images