LEADTOOLS includes imaging and recognition functionality in the form of WCF Service Classes that can be accessed via several protocols including HTTP, TCP, IPC and MSMQ. WCF Service Classes are extremely versatile and can be hosted in several different ways to best suit your application design. They may be hosted in IIS, Windows Process Activation Service (WAS) or any .NET (C# & VB) managed application process including console, WinForms, WPF, Silverlight and Windows Service applications.
Using WCF allows developers to access the LEADTOOLS SDK in a platform-independent manner. Clients written in .NET (C# & VB), Silverlight or Java running on Windows, Mac, Linux or mobile devices such as iPhone, iPad and Android can take full advantage of the imaging features provided by LEADTOOLS.
Overview of LEADTOOLS Imaging WCF Service Classes
- Extend advanced imaging technology to any platform that supports WCF including WinForms, WPF, Windows Services, Java, Silverlight and more
- WCF Service Class to load, save and convert images
- WCF Service Class for image processing
- WCF Service Class to improve readability and recognition of document images
- WCF Service Class to OCR images
- WCF Service Class to detect, read and write barcodes in images