- Scan and upload images from TWAIN or SANE devices in HTML, browser-based applications
- Utilizes a customizable Self-hosted Web Service (SHWS) to handle all client interactions with local TWAIN or SANE drivers
- Easily integrate web scanning functionality into existing enterprise web-based document-management solutions
- Fully customizable web services, including ability to pass user-defined data
- Supports TWAIN 1.x and 2.x drivers
- Get and set all TWAIN or SANE capabilities that the driver supports
- Apply more than 200 image processing functions on scanned images
- Save scanned images to any of 150+ file formats supported by LEADTOOLS such as PDF, TIFF, JPEG, JPEG 2000, and more
- Comprehensive multithread support for maximum performance
- Bypass the user interface for completely automated tasks and batch scanning
- Utilize events and callbacks for per-page processing
- Scan in black and white, halftone, grayscale, palette, and full color
- Control the resolution, position, size, and orientation of the acquired image
- Use an automated document feeder (ADF) for single and multi-page scanning
- Scan front and back of page with duplex scanning
- Utilize Extended Image Information to retrieve barcode, patch code, MICR, and other information for each page
Start Coding with LEADTOOLS
Download the Full Evaluation
The Full Evaluation Download includes all LEADTOOLS Document, Medical, Imaging, and Vector technologies for all development and target platforms.
Get everything LEADTOOLS all in one convenient download.
TWAIN scanning and document capture is an essential aspect and starting point of most document imaging applications. For web developers, this is a problematic requirement due to the localized, hardware-dependent nature of TWAIN scanners and image capture devices. Many roadblocks await the developer and most often the client is left with tedious and time-wasting inconveniences that make the application difficult to use. LEADTOOLS has developed a Web Scanning SDK that solves many of these obstacles and offers a programmer-friendly and customizable framework for integrating TWAIN scanning into any web-based document imaging solution.
- Scan and upload images from devices in browser-based applications
- Apply image processing functions to scanned images
- Print scanned images
NOTE: Client required
- Windows: A TWAIN device and to download a TWAIN proxy for Windows
- Linux: A SANE device and to download SANE RPM package
HTML5 Web Scanning
HTML5 Web Scanning SDK
The LEADTOOLS HTML5 Web Scanning toolkit is an advanced cross-browser application framework which can control any scanner, digital camera, or TWAIN-enabled device from a web application using any HTML5 compliant browser including Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox, and more. It uses a self-hosted web service executable to communicate with the scanner and apply image processing. It also includes a server-side File Upload service which can be customized for advanced processing and workflow steps including File format conversion, SharePoint archival, OCR, Barcode and Forms Recognition.
NOTE: Since the release of this video, the Web Scanning Demo and setup utility have been updated. Some portions of the video may not reflect the current released product. There is no longer a separate utility for the Web Services, and the Web Scanning demo has been merged into a single ASP.NET Web API Project. If you have questions regarding this demo, please contact email@example.com.
LEADTOOLS Pro Suite is a an extensive bundle in the LEADTOOLS Pro line of SDKs and includes HTML5 Zero-footprint image viewers, barcode detect/read/write, advanced PDF read/write/view/edit, 150+ image formats, image compression, image processing, image viewers, imaging common dialogs, 200+ display effects, TWAIN and WIA scanning, screen capture, and printing. Developers using LEADTOOLS Pro Suite can develop robust imaging applications and solutions at a fraction of the cost of similar feature sets found elsewhere on the market.
The LEADTOOLS Document Imaging Suite SDK is a comprehensive collection of LEADTOOLS SDK features designed to build end-to-end document imaging solutions that require OCR, MICR, OMR, ICR, barcode, forms recognition and processing, PDF, HTML5 Zero-footprint viewing, conversion, print, capture, archival, annotation, and image viewing functionality. This powerful set of tools utilizes LEAD's award-winning image processing technology to intelligently identify document features that can be used to recognize and extract data from any type of scanned or faxed form image.
Develop powerful PACS and Medical imaging applications with LEADTOOLS Medical Imaging Suite. Features include LEAD's Zero-footprint HTML5 DICOM Viewer, Medical Web Viewer Framework, Medical 3D, DICOM Multimedia codecs, high and low-level PACS SCP and SCU functions and controls, secure PACS communication, Print to PACS, comprehensive DICOM data set support, image annotation, extended grayscale image display such as window level and LUT processing, DICOM Hanging Protocol, and specialized medical image processing. Other features include lossless JPEG compression, JPIP, and signed and unsigned image data processing.