The LEAD VP8 Video Codec is a DirectShow filter to compress and decompress video data using the VP8 compression algorithm. VP8 is a high-quality video compression algorithm, originally developed by On2 and later acquired by Google, that is well-suited for all types of applications with different ranges of bit rates. The compressed video data can be stored inside MKV and WebM files with the option to save files with audio data.
Overview of LEAD VP8 Codec Technology
- Full support for encoding and decoding VP8-compressed video data
- High-quality compression with performance comparable to H.264
- Open compression standard
- Part of the WebM (MKV) format
Supports multiple encoding options:
- .NET (C# & VB) and C DLL libraries for 32 and 64-bit development