LEADTOOLS includes everything needed to play, capture, and convert MXF (Material eXchange Format) files in .NET (C# & VB) and C/C++ applications. The LEAD MXF Multiplexer (Mux) and Demultiplexer (Demux) combine and split various video and audio streams into the MXF format.
MXF is an open format designed for the interchange of multimedia content, including associate metadata, and is specifically utilized in the television and motion picture industries. With enormous input from the user community, MXF is the format of choice for leading players in the broadcast industry. MXF is not a compression-specific format. This means that the use of MXF does not dictate the use of a specific manufacturer's equipment.
Overview of LEAD MXF Mux and Demux
Full support of the following MXF Operational Patterns:
- Many video and audio compression options:
- Replace tapes by storing content with metadata
- Stream and view content while it is being transferred
- Wrap playlist and synchronization information with the content
- .NET (C# & VB) and C DLL libraries for 32 and 64-bit development