Overview of LEADTOOLS MJPEG 2000 Video Codec Technology
- Full support to encode and decode JPEG 2000-compressed video data
- MJPEG 2000 offers higher compression efficiency with less visual loss especially at extreme compression ratios than MJPEG
- Optimized for multi-core processors and supports encoding and decoding more than 30 fps of HD video in real time
- Single codestream that offers both lossy and superior lossless compression
- Flexible bit-error correction provides high-quality playback within noisy network transmission environments
- Supports 16-bit grayscale video
- Popular compression format for MXF and high-resolution video situations
- .NET (C# & VB) and C DLL libraries for 32 and 64-bit development
What is MJPEG 2000?
MJPEG 2000 or MJ2K is a video adaptation of the JPEG 2000 standard for still photos.
It treats a video stream as a series of still photos, compressing each individually,
with no interframe compression. Because it uses no interframe compression, it is ideal
for editing. The JPEG 2000 standard is the official successor to JPEG and will
eventually replace the older JPEG standard for high-quality image compression.
Technology Related to MJPEG 2000 Video Codec
Start Coding with LEADTOOLS
Download the Full Evaluation
The Full Evaluation Download includes all LEADTOOLS Document, Medical, Imaging, and Vector technologies for all development and target platforms.
Get everything LEADTOOLS all in one convenient download.
Documentation Links for MJPEG 2000 Video Codec
LEADTOOLS SDK Products that Include MJPEG 2000 Video Codec
The LEADTOOLS Multimedia Suite SDK is a comprehensive collection of multimedia development technology that provides developers with everything they need to create enterprise-level multimedia applications for a wide variety of industries, including defense, broadcast, security, and more. By bundling features from the Multimedia SDK, DVD Module, Streaming Module, MPEG-2 Transport Module, Imaging Pro SDK, and Distributed Computing SDK, Multimedia Suite offers a tremendous value for the world-class technology it provides.
The LEADTOOLS Medical Multimedia Module includes the LEADTOOLS Multimedia SDK and a collection of state-of-the-art DirectShow filters and Media Foundation Transforms to compress and decompress video and audio data within DICOM files. This feature-rich product is designed to eliminate the complexity from converting multi-frame (cine) images and video streams to DICOM objects, including X-ray Angiography (XA), Ultrasound (US), Visible Light (VL), and Secondary Capture (SC). The LEADTOOLS Medical Multimedia Module utilizes the most advanced compression algorithms in the industry and approved by the DICOM standard, including MPEG-2, HD MPEG-2, Motion JPEG, Motion JPEG 2000, and H.264.
NOTE: LEADTOOLS Video Codecs are very diverse and cover the gamut of multimedia features and technologies. Many codecs are included with the base SDK products above, while some can be added á la carte or bundled together with various add-on modules. See the Multimedia Product Comparison Chart for more details on how to obtain each video codec.