LEAD MJPEG and MCMP Video Codec
The LEAD MCMP/MJPEG Video Codec includes real time compression and decompression, random access to every frame and lossless compression. This powerful set of features gives developers the flexibility necessary to meet the requirements of a wide range of applications.
Offering standard and proprietary compression options, LEAD's MCMP / MJPEG Video Codec is a multimedia compressor / decompressor that registers into the Windows collection of multimedia drivers and integrates with any application using DirectShow. Existing video software, such as Windows Media Player and Ulead Media Studio, can utilize this codec to play, create and edit industry standard MJPEG and LEAD's proprietary MCMP files. Developed by LEAD as an alternative to standard compression algorithms, MCMP delivers smaller file sizes and can maintain better image quality than MJPEG with the same or better image quality.
Overview of LEAD MJPEG and MCMP Video Codec Technology
- Real-time software-only compression and decompression of full motion video
- Play or convert live HTTP streams
- Significantly smaller AVI files
- Preserve critical image data with lossless compression
- Support for JPEG type B streams found in QuickTime videos
- Create, edit and playback video using existing applications
- Smaller file size, better image quality option
- Read/write hardware compatible MJPEG files
- Supports 16-bit grayscale video
- LEAD MCMP/MJPEG Video Codec includes: LEAD MCMP/MJPEG Encoder, LEAD MCMP/MJPEG Decoder, LEAD Ogg Multiplexer, LEAD Ogg Splitter and LEAD Video RGB converter
- 32 and 64-bit binaries
What is MJPEG?
Motion JPEG, or MJPEG, is a video adaptation of the JPEG standard for still photos. It simply treats a video stream as a series of still photos, compressing each individually, with no interframe compression. Because it uses no interframe compression, it is ideal for editing.
What is MCMP?
MCMP, or Motion CMP, is a video adaptation of LEAD's proprietary CMP compression code. MCMP delivers smaller file sizes and can maintain better image quality than MJPEG with the same or better image quality.