Overview of LEADTOOLS H.263 Codec Technology
- Inter-frame compression comparable to MPEG-4
- Rate control algorithm based on the TMN8 which is suitable for videophone applications
- Encode UYVY, YUV2, YV12, I420, RGB24, and RGB32 formats
- Decode RGB24, RGB32 YUY2, YV12, RGB555, and RGB565 formats
Implements all elements and functionality of ITU-T H.263, plus
- Deblocking Filter Mode (Annex J)
- Unrestricted Motion Vector (Annex D)
- Advanced Intra Coding Mode (Annex I)
- Advanced Prediction Mode (Annex F)
- Modified Quantization Mode (Annex T)
- Alternative Inter VLC Mode (Annex S)
- Supports any video dimension
- Employs half-pixel precision for motion compensation
- Unrestricted motion vectors
- Includes .NET (C# & VB) and C DLL libraries for 32 and 64-bit development
What is H.263?
H.263 is an ITU standard, designed for low bit rate communications such as video conferencing
and video telephony applications. It can be used for a wide range of simultaneous bit rates,
both high and low. H.263 is a hybrid of interframe compression that makes use of temporal
redundancy and intraframe transform coding to use spatial redundancy as a compression
advantage. Accordingly, a superior compression ratio can be achieved in comparison
to other video codecs.
Technology Related to H.263 Codec
Download the Full Evaluation
The Full Evaluation Download includes all LEADTOOLS Document, Medical, Imaging, and Vector technologies for all development and target platforms.
Documentation Links for H.263 Codec
LEADTOOLS SDK Products that Include H.263 Codec
The LEADTOOLS Multimedia Suite SDK is a comprehensive collection of multimedia development technology that provides developers with everything they need to create enterprise-level multimedia applications for a wide variety of industries, including defense, broadcast, security, and more. By bundling features from the Multimedia SDK, DVD Module, Streaming Module, MPEG-2 Transport Module, Imaging Pro SDK, and Distributed Computing SDK, Multimedia Suite offers a tremendous value for the world-class technology it provides.
The LEADTOOLS Streaming Module is perfect for developers who need to stream audio and video over the Internet or corporate networks for a wide variety of applications. This module adds on to the LEADTOOLS Multimedia SDK and includes the Media Streaming Server, a high-level framework for implementing professional multimedia streaming servers that can stream any file to any device. The Streaming Module also provides a programmer-friendly set of peer-to-peer tools for creating video conferencing and security/surveillance applications. In addition to the SDK features, the Streaming Module bundles together several of LEAD's world-class audio and video codecs that will lower costs and improve user experience through reduced bandwidth requirements and high-quality playback.
NOTE: LEADTOOLS Video Codecs are very diverse and cover the gamut of multimedia features and technologies. Many codecs are included with the base SDK products above, while some can be added á la carte or bundled together with various add-on modules. See the Multimedia Product Comparison Chart for more details on how to obtain each video codec.