The LEADTOOLS H.263 codec is a high-quality, lossy, inter-frame codec with a quality and compression ratio comparable to MPEG-4. It can be used by .NET (C# & VB) and C/C++ developers within a range of DirectShow and Media Foundation applications including video conferencing, creating 3GPP files (H.263 Video/AMR Audio) for playback on mobile phones, screen capture, Internet video, or surveillance.
Overview of LEADTOOLS H.263 Codec Technology
- Inter-frame compression comparable to MPEG-4
- Rate control algorithm based on the TMN8 which is suitable for videophone applications
- Encode UYVY, YUV2, YV12, I420, RGB24, and RGB32 formats
- Decode RGB24, RGB32 YUY2, YV12, RGB555, and RGB565 formats
Implements all elements and functionality of ITU-T H.263, plus
- Deblocking Filter Mode (Annex J)
- Unrestricted Motion Vector (Annex D)
- Advanced Intra Coding Mode (Annex I)
- Advanced Prediction Mode (Annex F)
- Modified Quantization Mode (Annex T)
- Alternative Inter VLC Mode (Annex S)
- Supports any video dimension
- Employs half-pixel precision for motion compensation
- Unrestricted motion vectors
- Includes .NET (C# & VB) and C DLL libraries for 32 and 64-bit development
What is H.263?
H.263 is an ITU standard, designed for low bit rate communications such as video conferencing and video telephony applications. It can be used for a wide range of simultaneous bit rates, both high and low. H.263 is a hybrid of interframe compression that makes use of temporal redundancy and intraframe transform coding to use spatial redundancy as a compression advantage. Accordingly, a superior compression ratio can be achieved in comparison to other video codecs.