LEADTOOLS includes an AC3 encoder for DirectShow and Media Foundation. This encoder allows for compressing audio data using the AC3 compression standard (A/52 - Digital Audio Compression Standard (AC-3)).
AC3 is used primarily within DVD, digital television (DTV), digital cable television, and satellite television transmissions. The AC3 format fully supports 5.1 surround sound, with down-mixing options for compatibility with non-surround audio devices.
Overview of LEADTOOLS AC3 Audio Codec Technology
- Full support for encoding AC3-compressed audio data adhering to A/52 - Digital Audio Compression Standard (AC-3) standard
- Create Dolby Digital 5.1 (6-channel) surround sound
- Create DVDs with Dolby surround
- Convert stereo input to 5.1 surround sound output
- Down-mix 5.1 audio into stereo or mono for devices without surround sound support
- Source code available under terms of GNU Lesser General Public License ("LGPL")
- Provides codec interfaces for .NET (C# & VB) and C DLL API for 32 and 64-bit development